Monday, November 30, 2009

Today I am thankful.......

that the month is over and I don't have to do these thankful posts anymore!! JUST KIDDING.

I have to say that doing these posts have meant a lot to me. I have had my blessings on my mind a lot more than usual and I have found it more of a habit to find the positives in everyday life. I have always known I was blessed but it is sometimes human nature to focus on what we need and want rather than what we have.

I have never in my life been in a position of such uncertainty about the future. How long will take for Matt to find a job in this crazy economy? Where will we have to live while he is studying for the bar exam? Will we have the money we need to take care of our boys? Will we have a car that works?

I sometimes wish I could see the future, but I can't. So today I am thankful that I can rely on the one person that can. I am thankful for a loving Heavenly Father. I have faith that he loves me and cares about the future of our family. He will not take away all our trials but he will be there for us as we go through them. He has already blessed us more than I could have imagined possible. I know that we must work hard and do our part, but I am thankful for that opportunity. To the world it may seem like we really don't have much. But really we do. We have eternal blessings from a loving Heavenly Father. We know that if we do our part he will do his. We have a looong road ahead of us, but we are excited and grateful for the eternal plan of our Heavenly Father.

3 comments:

No Big Dill said...

I've loved your posts this month. They've helped me think of the little (and not so little) things I'm grateful for in my own life.

Now, what are you going to be posting about daily in December?



I'm serious.

Brooke said...

I also LOVED your daily posts! My cute lil' Marianne. Also...uh...I just barely updated my blog (4 posts in one day...I'm on a roll!) I saw your comment, but there's a new post about pants and the ridiculousness of them all above that one. I would love your input. We're about the same height (you're much smaller than me nowadays), but maybe you'd have some suggestions for me! Give it a look-see! :)

Amanda B. said...

Great point. It really is so easy to focus on the things we need rather than what we have, no matter what stage of life we're in. I am thankful that we have been able to get to know you and Matt! We'll miss you when you're gone, but we are SO excited for you to be moving on to the next phase of life...soon. Until then, we will have to do some more fun stuff here in J-ville. Glad you guys are having a fun vacation!