Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Today I am thankful for........

my nieces and nephews.
cutest, LOUDEST, funniest, rowdiest, group of kids you will EVER meet. It's been a full year since I have seen these cute kiddos and let me tell you I am quite amazed. Tonight my two oldest nieces are sleeping over and talking about texting boys. Today I went to "new moon" with some of the other grand kids and listened as they talked about the movie being "too cheesy" and not wanting to read the "twilight" books because they don't want to spoil the movies:) My oldest nephew will soon be driving and is quickly catching up to me in height.
I can't believe how fast they have grown. My favorite part of my Utah trip has been seeing my boys bond with their cousins. How special it is to belong to a family that loves each other. My boys receive some attention wherever they go and are loved by many, but it is totally different when it comes to their own cousins. There is an instant love between them that doesn't disappear even if they have spent years and many miles apart. I love watching Nathan and Daniel as they wrestle with their cousins, and kiss and hug them goodbye, holding their hands and playing with their toys together. It's almost like they have a huge group of older brothers and sisters who love them and are looking out for them.
Watching these cute grand kids grow gives me a tiny glimpse of how fast the years really do go. If my kids turn out anything like their older cousins I will be one proud Mommy!


1 comment:

Alayna said...

Ok, so I am trying to figure out who the heck those kids are! It has been forever since I have seen them. I can figure out the majority of them, but it appears that Natalie and Ross maybe had another little boy after the twins? And who is the brown haired girl in between Shannon & Eddie's kids? She is stumping me...