Saturday, November 14, 2009

Today I am thankful for.......

Friends. When I was on my mission I had the most faithful friend writers EVER. It made the mission a little easier. During our first year of Law school when Southwest airlines lost ALL our luggage, some of my great friends pitched in and sent us American Express Gift cards so we could purchase some much needed items. I also had a wonderful friend send a Walmart gift card that was worth quite a bit that was lost in the mail, so what did she do? She bought me another one and sent it again. Recently I was informed by my friend Katy that quite a sum of money was donated so that I could go shopping at her Etsy shop....I think I might know who had a hand in that:) My friend Susie read my "content" post and I guess felt sorry for me, which really was NOT my intention. However, she took me today to get a pedicure, the first one in a loooong time. It was so fun but may not have been a good idea because now I don't know how I am going to live without them on a regular basis.

Thank you Susie for being so generous and kind to me. You have been an example to me of pure grace from the moment I met you. I feel like you have been my adopted mom out here in Florida and our boys adopted grandma. I have been blessed by having you in my life.

I have been reminded by my friends that you really don't have to have a lot to do a lot. Your kind acts of service have meant so much as well as your quiet examples. I only hope to be the kind of friend to you all that you have all meant to me.










No comments: