Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Dear Nathan (6 years old)






Dear Nathan,

My sweet six year old boy.  From the moment you were born I knew you had a determined soul. You know what you want and you have such passion for getting it.  Sometimes we but heads a little bit because you have such intense feelings about things and it is hard to redirect your attention when there is something upsetting you.  I believe that these are good qualities that will help you to be very successful.  Your interactions with your little sisters is AMAZING. They love you so much and you have a special gift of making them happy.  You have so much light in your eyes when you are around them and you know exactly what to do to make them smile and laugh.

Nathan you are such a light to those around you. You have always enjoyed being around others and having a lot of friends You get so excited about your dates with daddy. I think if you could you would be playing a sport with someone every minute of everyday.  I sometimes feel bad for you because I know it is hard for you to play by yourself. I think it is great that you love people and love playing with others but I hope you can realize how amazing you are and be happy to sometimes just be on your own and enjoy some alone time.  You love to be silly and you have always been so fun to wrestle around with because you are a tough little kid that could handle a lot physically from the time you were just little. You would walk by and daddy would trip you just for fun, knowing you would just laugh and get right back up.  You are starting to have a love for football and you are great at soccer.

I know that sometimes your feelings get hurt and you hold a lot inside.  When you do finally talk about your feeling it ends up with you in tears. I hope you know it's ok to feel sad sometimes, but I hope you always know you can come and talk to your mommy and daddy. We will always be there for you.  We love you and our family would not be complete without your sweet personality in it. Thanks for being such a great son and a wonderful brother. We love you so much!

No comments: