Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Trick or Treating

We started the night with mummy dogs, which the kids thought were great!!  Then when Matt got home from work we all went trick or treating.  I just went to a few houses with them so I could get home and answer the door for trick or treaters.  It was so fun to watch Marie trick or treat.  She grabbed her little bag and was off, like she knew exactly where she was going and what she was suppose to do.  She stopped at a pile of leaves thinking she was suppose to sit in it for awhile....probably because we had been playing in a lot of leaves lately.  The first house we went to she just walked right inside as soon as they opened the door. One of our neighbors made hot cider and homemade donuts which was obviously a favorite house in the neighborhood and reminded me of my own parents and their donuts and root beer tradition that they do every year.  After I went home Matt continued to go out with the kids and they got a lot of candy.  We had so many trick or treaters this year and I had so much fun seeing all of the cute kids in their great costumes.  I am so happy to be in such a kid friendly neighborhood that participates in the fun crazy holiday that Halloween is.
 
 
 







1 comment:

Susie said...

I love the mummy dogs!!! I've never seen anything like that before. It's brilliant and would be so fun to eat. There you go, being amazing again. I love Marie's costume. There she goes, being super cute again. Ahhhh, the leaf pile. I love leaf piles. You are living the dream. I'm so glad for you and your kid friendly neighborhood. What a fun Halloween you had.