Friday, August 27, 2010

Homesick.

I found that while on my mission and while living in Florida there was always a bit of a homesick feeling whenever I thought about Temple Square. There is a feeling there that I can't get enough of, and it reminds me of one of the greatest reasons I love to live in Utah.
My cute mom is a volunteer tour guide for the church office building. The week that Matthew was taking the bar I stayed with my mom and dad. We had a lot of fun together going to the Zoo, Gateway, shopping, Pioneer park, and also a visit to temple square. We were able to have lunch with her at the church office building and then she took us on a tour to the very top, so we could see the amazing city below. While she finished her shift at the church office building, the boys and I had fun roaming around temple square.

We smelled the flowers, and Daniel said they smelled like pink. We played by the fountains, we talked about the temple and visited the statue of Jesus. We went through the visitor centers and the church history museum.

While in the visitors center Nathan figured out he could watch any prophet speak just by touching their picture on the computer screen. I figured he would be like most children pushing each one over and over without ever really listening, I was quite surprised when he sat and watched a conference talk for about fifteen minutes. Even I was restless telling him we needed to go, but he would say "no mom, i am watching my show." It was cute. While Nathan watched "his show" I of course was hunted down by the missionaries and asked for referrals....I couldn't let them down, because I know just how they feel, and yes they are still contacting me!

It was a wonderful day....a perfect day!















3 comments:

tiare said...

that is making me homesick!.....luckily i'll be headed to UT in September!!!

Brimaca said...

That's one of my favorite things to do with my kids too!

Susie said...

Your photos are stunning. I love temple square too and I feel just like you did ... homesick for temple square. I love the Joseph Smith movie at the Legacy Theatre in the Joseph Smith Memorial building. I love all the fun you're having in SLC.