Monday, August 25, 2008

Tribute to my favorite dancing cowgirls!

I know you guys are all wondering where you get a pair of striped blue and white pants, like the beauties I have on in this lovely picture. Well let me just tell you those are nothing compared to the flowered ones, or the bright red ones, or the other striped ones, I would often sport as I would dance away all my cares, back in my younger days.

So, the other day we had been "hurricaned" in our house for like a whole week. I started to go a little stir crazy, so while upstairs getting ready I heard a great new song by Kenny Chesney called "Everybody Wants to Go to Heaven." Yes, I started to pull out my old line dancing moves and I was really enjoying myself. Matt, ruined all my fun when he yelled upstairs asking if I was ok. I guess I was causing a little earthquake below me. I'm just not as light on my feet as I use to be.....or I should say I'm just not as LIGHT as I once was.

Anyway, this all brought me back to the years when I was between the ages of 15 and 21, where I would go country dancing sometimes up to four times a week!! I always had a job during my young adult life and I can honestly say all my money went to DANCING, WRANGLERS(for dancing), COUNTRY CONCERTS, RODEOS, and of course our late night eat outs to VILLAGE INN!! WOW, what a carefree life!! Dancing consumed me.

Even though I loved the music, the dancing, and yes(I have to admit).... the cowboys as well, but most of all I loved being with my bestest cowgirl friends, friends I will forever be close with. I love everything about these girls. I love Amy, and her sincere love and devotion she showers us all with. I love Alayna, and the way she can crack me up even when she is not trying to be funny. I love Jessi, and the fact that she is the only one who called to see if we were surviving the hurricane:) she is such a caring friend. I love Emily and her honesty and upbeat personality, I love Heather and her generosity and love, and I love my little lindsey....she is my little fiesty friend that doesn't let anyone walk all over her, but is always the first to be there when you need a friend!! I love you guys....everything about you, even the things that would make us all mad at eachother and cause us to fight......we had some great fights:) More important we had the best times ever.

The fact that we could go dancing and be the only sober ones, and yet everyone is pointing at us and talking about how drunk we were, just shows that we really know how to have some fun!!!

Soooooooooooooo, WHEN ARE WE GOING DANCING?????



These are all my old dancing jeans. I was hesitant to let my mom cut these precious pants up. But lets face it, after having twins.......... Wranglers will never again be a part of my wardrobe!!

16 comments:

Amberdawn said...

I love the quilt! What a good way to save some memories. Oh and I loved the striped jeans, I think my sister had some just like it. Fun, fun!

Megane said...

So great!!! I remember going dancing a few times...it was really a lot of fun. I love the quilt and the fact that your mom was able to convince you to make it out of your old pants!!! Love it!

Amy Piller said...

Nice, I miss those dancing days! Sorry I didn't know there was a hurricane, how bad is it?

jessi said...

I miss those days too! The good old Bay, the Boot, Wheeler Farm, the fun places in Logan (skating ring and that weird place) Good times..Good times...
I miss getting ready for those nights dancing and listening to music, waiting for the excitement of getting out there on the floor and just dancing the night away! When you and Matt come back to visit, lets go to the Pleasant Grove place!

Nick and Stacey said...

I love that! I was actually wondering where you got those wonderful pants from! Sounds like you had quite the time dancing! Its always fun to look back on all of the silly things you did with friends!

Alayna said...

Marianne, this is by far the greatest blog I have ever seen! Thanks for including it. So fun to reminisce on the good old days when we were carefree. Of course, I wasn't as into the dancing as you were...but it was still delightful! I will always cherish those Wrangler wearing days.

And how great that you have a quilt made out of your Wranglers. Sadly, mine were thrown out long ago or I would do the same. I hope you are twisting the heck out of those twisties while thinking of me!!!

And also, I have been worried about you in the hurricane. I just didn't know how close it was to you. As always, I intended to call, but I am just lazy. You know I love you right?

Noel Family said...

That has got to be the best picture with your pants! I love it! I didn't know about this Hurricane, you'll have to fill Ryan and I in on what's going on.

Tasha said...

Okay, so the pants are great! I spent a lot of time country dancing at USU (was there any place cooler in Logan than the fun park or Skyline?), but I am sad to say my pants weren't near as cool! Great memories!

tiare said...

oh my heck! that is the coolest thing i have seen all summer! thanks for sharing....your mom is so crafty. love her.

Brimaca said...

I've met a few of those girls. I remember tha photo. And I love the quilt! And I did all those things except wear those pants. I never looked good in wranglers.

Robyn said...

What a cute quilt to go with a cute story! Haven't checked in for awhile-you guys have been busy! Sound like you had a great summer traveling and hanging out with family. Hope you weather the hurricane okay-we'll be thinking about you.

Lindsey and Zach said...

MARIANNE....you thought I was fiesty then...you should see me now, a good baby will bring it out in me....but I keep my calmness when I need to....

Kristi said...

What a small world! Molly Jackson just called me and told me that a girl I had from young women's saw our triathlon picture and knew me. I went on the blog and found out that it was you! How fun! Your boys are so adorable! I have fond memories of taking all of you to a few concerts! What a blast! I don't have a blog right now...something I guess I will need to work on! Tell all the other girls HELLO! Take care!
Love,

Kristi

Melanie Chambers said...

You wore wranglers!! Nice. Sometimes Brad pulls out the cowboy boots and I just stare at him and think, "when was this phase?" Such a fun post to read.

Brimaca said...

My book is a 7x7. I am happy with it in that size but that pics are little. I'll have to think about making a bigger one next time.

Jennifer Lyn said...

That quilt is awesome! I remember you telling me stories of your dancing days! My internet has been not working lately, so it was fun to catch up on what you are doing and your cute boys!