Monday, August 11, 2008

Camping?........no thanks!

So, Matt had this great idea for family home evening. He thought it would be fun to set up a tent in our house and we could have a little camp out. I am the party pooper and couldn't see the fun in dealing with tired toddlers who are suppose to be in bed at 7:30pm. Matt thought we should just let them stay up for once. "come on Marianne, live a little!" he says. He could tell by my face expression that I was not quite ready for camping with the little twinkies (even if it is in our own house). So his next best idea...."let's make cookies and let the boys do most of it!" Well, it was a mess and there will forever by flour all over our home, but it was fun and the cookies turned out pretty darn good. Thanks daddy for a very fun family night!

7 comments:

Amberdawn said...

How fun! What a good mom you are! I don't like to let my son help make cookies cause I don't like the mess!

What? You don't want to camp? Don't you like babies crying all hours of the night, air beds loosing air, 4 people crowded into tight spaces, binkies lost in a sea of sleeping bags,pillows and blankets and to top it all off, surprise rainstorms? (oh wait-you'd be inside-scratch the rainstorm) What's not to like?

tiare said...

don't you just love men and their "brillant" ideas? you are a VERY good mom for letting the boys help in the baking process. it looks like it ended up being pretty fun! next step....camping!

Brimaca said...

my kiddies love love love cooking and I like to do it with them. Sometimes M says no and I make him anyway. It's one time I actually like the mess. Painting outside with them in diapers is fun too. They can get as messy as they want and a hose cleans it all up.

E Terry said...

Hey Marianne! It's Emily (Amy's cousin) again! Ok so I NEED to know your secret!!! How in the world do you get your boys in bed by 7:30?!?! That is so amazing! Do they take a nap during the day? Anyway, your little boys are just too darn cute! It looks like they had lots of fun... :)

Amy Piller said...

SO CUTE! now I want a cookie! Give those little stinkers a hug for me, we all know they would much rather have it from you, lol.

Alayna said...

Mmmmm....cookies!

Melanie Chambers said...

can you believe our kids are getting so big??