Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Little Piece of Heaven

Daniel and Nathan helping Grandma clean the deck at the cabin. Going on our little hike. Both the babies found their favorite sticks they had to take with them everywhere! Lovin' the ponds.
Duck watching with Grandma. One duck had ten tiny little baby ducklings.....so precious!!
Throwing rocks with Grandma!

Up Ogden canyon, near Pine View Resevoir, in a little town called Huntsville Utah, there is a little cabin that for me is just like heaven. Living in Florida I forgot how much I loved the mountains until this summer when we spent some time there. There are fishing ponds, and trails for beautiful walks, there is wildlife, and beautiful scenery. Once when I was younger I even saw a moose right outside our cabin door. What makes this cabin even better is the running water, soft beds, and electricity!! I am so glad my little boys had the opportunity to enjoy the cabin. They loved chasing the ducks, watching the fish, throwing rocks in the ponds, and finding little treasures like sticks and bugs. I actually got to go on a walk by myself. I sat on the dock of the pond and put my feet in the cold water. I just layed there and breathed the fresh air and welcomed the soft sounds of nature. It really was HEAVEN and I can't wait to go back!!

9 comments:

Amberdawn said...

It sounds fabulous! Everyone should have a place so peaceful to go to. I know I need one!

Amy Piller said...

Oh, now I miss your cabin. I loved when we use to go there I even remeber going and staying in the tent trailer because the cabin wasn't finished. Oh the memories

Lindsey and Zach said...

Hows it goin Marianne, I am sorry I don't keep in touch more often. I wish you were here so we could be moms together....I need to call and talk to you, so I can get all your expertise advice on what to do with a baby???it's a scary world!

Alayna said...

Oh the cabin. What memories...

Getting Slim Chicks said...

Gorgeous! I love the mountains and miss them a lot. I'm jealous of the cabin. We always have to tent it.

Getting Slim Chicks said...

That getting slim person is me...Brittany

Miss Amanda said...

Marianne, I am glad that you were able to go to your cabin. I remember going there a few years back, and Amy and Alayna taught us how to play "cheeky weeky." What fun memories! I loved going to your cabin too!

Brooke said...

That does sound like a little piece of heaven! Ellee would LOVE it there! Your boys are so cute. And...about your comment on my blog--if I recall (and I do) you were hardly even showing at 20 weeks. I couldn't believe you had 2 in there and were still so small! I pop out so fast, it seems.

tiare said...

that definitely looks relaxing!