Sunday, August 5, 2012

Those eyes.

Dear Marie,

I just read a letter from Grandma Noel who is on her mission in Russia.  She told me a beautiful story of a cute girl who lives in a dark, smelly, little home. Her house is surrounded by weeds, everything looks dead.  The little girl had a few horses that she took care of.  Grandma saw her pull out of a little sack some bright green grass to feed to them. Grandma said it was beautiful grass like magical grass because it was so bright and green and everything around them was so dark and smelly and gray and it made them happy just to look at it. The girl was asked where she got the grass and she said that early every morning she takes a bag and gets on a bus where she rides it all the way down to an island, she then cuts enough grass for that day and brings it back to feed the animals.  To prepare for the winter she has to go more often and then she dries the grass and stores it.  Grandma said she is just a little thing maybe 90 pounds. She said she just loved her animals and they were so dependent on her.  Grandma said it reminded her of when President Hinckley said "we need something to love, and someone to serve."

I have been thinking how lucky I am that I was chosen to love and take care of you.  I think you have taken care of me this last year more than I have taken care of you.  I find a peace and an innocence in your eyes that is quite unexplainable. I love your kisses and hugs and how you say "aahhh" every time you rest your head on my shoulder.  I love how you humm really loud when you are looking at books, or focusing on something like trying to use a spoon, I do love it, even though we try to stop you when you do it in the middle of sacrament meeting while looking at the hymn book.  It makes me laugh every time I hold up the towel to get you out of the bath and you try to crawl away really fast like you think you might just be able to get away from me.  You have the sweetest sense of humor always trying to make us laugh by tipping your head really far back or making a grossed out face and loud "BLUGH" sound when you first try your food.  You are a busy little girl who spends most of the day trying to find a way to get outside and climb the front steps.  You smile and laugh a little when we finally figure out what it is you have been trying to tell us.  You have already learned how to stall at night before bedtime by cuddling with daddy.....knowing that daddy will never put you to bed if you just stay curled up in his arms.  You are already such a good mommy taking care of your dolls and feeding whinnie the Pooh with your tea set. 

You are sweet and you are beautiful, so girlie and sometimes a little dramatic.  You already love your brothers so much and stick up for them...... like the other night during family night when daddy had to get mad at Nathan for not listening and playing with his shoe, he took his shoe away and put it in the closet.  Next thing we know you are in the closet getting his shoe and bringing it back to him.  It made us all laugh in a little bit of a frustrating situation.  But that is what you have always done.  Brought sunshine to even the grayest skies.  I look forward to loving you and taking care of you even when you are as old as me and having your own children, I will be there for you so you can take a much needed nap.  I hope to always be there for you. 

I thank Heavenly Father for giving me something to love and someone to serve.  I love you FOREVER, Mom

2 comments:

Brimaca said...

Beautiful. She's a a lucky girl and so are you. :)

Susie said...

Nicely and tenderly written. Very sweet. Very precious.