Tuesday, January 31, 2012

a dance to remember.

When my parents opened their gift form us kids on Christmas Eve there were some tears, but then came the dancing. My parents met at Utah State, right on Old Main Hill. My mom dropped her books and my dad picked them up......love at first sight. We gave them a painting of Old Main Hill. In front of Old Main there is a tree and on the tree is the carved initials F.N. + K.G. encircled in a heart. It was sweet and what we didn't know is that my parents "song" is called "meet me in front of the sweetheart tree." So of course my dad turned on their song and they danced and soon we all joined in.

It was a special night, made even more special because we had little Marie to share it with....her first Christmas. We had a talent show with singing, comedy, guitar playing, piano playing and our own little Daniel singing "Rudolph." He did a great job. Nathan wouldn't sing cause he would only do it with Daniel, but of course Daniel wanted to do it by himself.

We also had our annual Nativity where Marie played the baby Jesus...,and of course was amazing at her part! We ate good food, we laughed, opened presents and had a great party!





















































2 comments:

Brimaca said...

How fun!!! What a neat Christmas. And Marie is so precious. I wanna anothher baby girl!

Brimaca said...

It was fun to get caught up on yoru blog. Cute family photos and thanks for the card! I love it! Wow to family parties. I'm a smidgen jealous. Love ya, girlie.