Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Story of the Christmas Tree

When Matt and I were first married we had a tiny basement apartment and no room for a tree. We went to a cute little Christmas tree lot in Logan and we bought a real tree that was REAL little. It was five dollars. We decorated it and loved it.

Every year since we have been away from home for the holidays so this is the first year that we were able to really buy our own real tree. It was so exciting for our family......I think especially Matt and I. We wanted a tall beautiful tree and we found it. We got it home set it up and it started to drink and drink and drink. We had to water it sometimes three times a day.

Of course with Matt's busy schedule I was left to decorate it by myself. To make a long frustrating story short......I had to go back to the store four times for lights and one day three different stores. I blew a fuse in the lights twice and had to hook up an extension cord halfway through the light stringing. I was so annoyed and frustrated with putting lights up. I told Matt I am happy to decorate the tree but never again will I put lights on a tree.

We loved our tree this year. We cut off part of the trunk so we could turn it into a Christmas ornament and keep a part of it forever. It would have been easier to buy a fake already lit tree and of course cheaper in the long run, but I have a feeling we will always be buying a real tree for Christmas from now on. It may have something to do with the excitemnt of actually getting to be in our own house with our own little family to enjoy Christmas and our new tradition of picking out our tree. Something we have never really had with our own little family.











No comments: