Thursday, January 26, 2012

100 Years Young!!



Grandma Rounds turned 100 years old in November. What a celebration we had. I have only known Grandma Rounds since she has been in her 90's(about 10 years.) I remember when Matt and I first started dating. I would go home to Sandy a lot on the weekends when attending school at USU. Lucky for us Matthew was really close to his aunt and uncle who lived near my parents. So when I would go home he would come too, since he had a place to stay. I remember Grandma Rounds being there. She stayed there during the winters. She would grab all his laundry and start getting it done. She is a WORKER. She loves to be busy and she is always trying to serve others. You can NOT eat a meal with her without her asking at least 5 times if you need anything else. As soon as the meal is over she is the first one up ready to do the dishes and clean the kitchen. She is always helping. I have always known her to have good health and a lot of energy. It wasn't until this last year that she had to go on oxygen and has had a few health issues. Often times she would scare me with how much she wanted to help. Recently when moving from Matt's moms house into our own place Grandma Rounds just HAD to be a part of the process. We tried to talk her out of it, but she is a little stubborn. She would go downstairs and lift boxes of canned food. Then carry it up the stairs and outside to the car. I thought I would have a heart attack that day. I don't think she even realizes she is 100 years old.

What I love most about Grandma Rounds is the love she has had for my children. I remember when the twins were born and she came to the hospital. She was just full of excitement. Every time we would see her after that she would always ask to hold the babies and help us. Recently with the birth of Marie I have seen so much joy in her when she is around that little girl. You would think Marie was her favorite in the whole world. She told Matt's mom a few nights ago that she woke in the middle of the night and all she could see was Marie's little face. She just loves her and can't stop talking about how sweet she is. She is always wanting to hold her. Grandma is always happiest when she is around babies and children. I will never forget her telling me that she would be happy to watch Marie for me if I needed to go anywhere. She is amazing.

Grandma was so happy at her party. She loves to be around people and visiting others seems to be her favorite thing to do. I will always remember the night before her party. She was arguing with Matthew about who should sit down in the only available chair. Obviously Matt was not going to leave his 100 year old grandma standing but she was not about to sit down. In the middle of her telling Matt to sit down he said "Grandma if you sit down you can hold the baby." She stopped mid sentence and said "OOHHH OK!" It was so cute. She just loves to hold baby Marie.

We are all so lucky to have Grandma Rounds in our lives. She will always be a great example of charity and hard work. She has gone through many trials in her life, but she just keeps moving forward. She is a loving, kind, and generous person(always sticking dollar bills in my hand.) I feel so blessed that she has been around for the birth of all of my children.

The first picture in this post is of Grandma Rounds at our wedding. She just looks beautiful and I am so thankful she was there.

We love you Grandma Lorz!! Happy 100th Birthday!!!
































































































































































































Posted by Picasa

No comments: