Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Leaf Blower

Apparently I let Daniel watch too much T.V. on the new baby, little sleep days. He became fascinated by infomercials, one in particular. It was an infomercial about a leaf blower, it became his OBSESSION. He was always telling me about it and how neat it was. He told me that you just flip a switch and the blower becomes a mulcher. and "mom the mulcher makes stuff that help your plants grow."

When my dad called from the store to let me know he had found a fisher price leaf blower I just knew it would not work unless it could blow and mulch. I spent a lot of time trying to talk to Daniel about the dangers of a real leaf blower. Saying maybe it would be something he would like better when he is older. Well Santa wanted the Christmas magic to stay alive for this little boy. Christmas morning the last present he opened was his leaf blower. It was a mix reaction of shock and actually a little worry. I think my drilling into his brain about the dangers of a leaf blower actually had sunk in. However, when Matt told Daniel he would show him how to use it, he became excited and he has been outside blowing leaves everyday since. Good thing we had so much nice weather around Christmas.

No comments: