Friday, October 24, 2008

PUMPKIN PARTY

I decided the best way to get into the Halloween spirit was to have a party. I invited some mothers from my ward and a neighbor over for some pumpkin fun. All the kids got their own little pumpkin to decorate with markers and stickers. I also had a TON of pumpkin sugar cookies they were able to decorate. We had lots of pumpkin food and LOTS OF CHAOS!!............................that's my own cute little pumpkin in the back enjoying a pumpkin cookie wearing his pumpkin shirt! Here are some of the cute kiddos decorating their cookies.

It's nice having other mothers around to chit chat with.


I know, pretty crowded. No one seemed to mind, and I think the kids had a great time.



Some of my Halloween food creations.
I LOVE Halloween and I lOVE parties. So I think the pumpkin party is now a new tradition for me.




10 comments:

Amy Piller said...

That is so cute, I am glad things seem to be really fun there!

Brooke said...

You little rascal, you! How cute is that! And, the food looks GREAT! I'm impressed. I feel like such a dud mom--Halloween's a few days away and I have NO IDEA what Ellee's going to be, we haven't even bought a pumpkin and there are no decorations up. Holidays are so different without Elliott around--he keeps things exciting I guess.

Alayna said...

Wow! Good work Mern!

P.S. What are those spider looking treats?

Another P.S. The boy I posted about {for the sake of not publicly telling everyone} could indeed be choir boy. I honestly don't remember who choir boy is, but just in case, his name is Spencer Stout. Interesting huh?

Nick and Stacey said...

You are so much fun, looks like chaos, but fun chaos! I love all the great food you made...so creative!

tiare said...

what a great idea! i especially like that that the kids decorated with stickers and markers -- less clean-up!!! i may copy this in the future....

Lindsey and Zach said...

That looked like fun my Marianne of friend...How are things going, obviously fun times, but we never get to talk....I need to call you or you call me, when are you available to chat?

Tasha said...

I love all the attention to detail you did. When I tried to do a playdate party for Halloween and gave everyone different jobs- they just didn't catch the vision!
You have the vision! Awesome looking party.

Alayna said...

btw, what are your little pumpkins being for halloween??

jessi said...

How fun! what are you little guys being for halloween?

Unknown said...

Hi Marianne! (Jenny Cannegieter Fjeldsted here!) I just found your blog from Tia's. It is great to see how you and your cute family is doing. If it's okay with you I'm going to put a link on our blog! (fjeldstedfamily.blogspot.com)