Sunday, November 2, 2008

Costumes and Candy.

We were able to go to the ward Trunk-or-Treat this year. The boys had so much fun, it was like they had experience trick-or-treating. They would go up to each trunk and hold out their little pumpkin buckets like they knew exactly what delicious surprise was coming. I NEVER give may babies candy....I'm just not a fan of it. However, we did let them each have a sucker at the end and they were totally in love!! Our little lion has a very scary ROAR!! Nathan loved his lion costume. He never wanted to take it off since the day it arrived in the mail from Grandma. He would even get upset if we took the hood part off. He wore it in his car seat and couldn't see a thing cause all the hair was covering his face. He didn't care.
Ready for their treats!


Daddy and Nathan enjoying dinner before the trunk-or-treat. I was asked to be a judge for the chili and pie cook off. Let me just say I was a little sick after eating a full bowl of chili and then taste testing 14 other kinds. They were all good, but really started to taste the same by the end.


This cat and dog LOVE each other!!



Little lion ferociously attacking his chocolate chip cookie.

Daniel did NOT want to wear any costume that we tried on him so finally I just cut out some ears and a tail and stuck it on one of his regular old outfits. He didn't mind it.......a success!


Look at those lions big blue eyes......I'm in love with them.

Sad little puppy.....doesn't understand why he can't have all the candy that he earned while trunk-or-treating.......poor little guy.








14 comments:

Emily said...

I can't believe you have been so good to not give your kids candy... actually now that I think about it, I don't think Jordan had much as a kid either. Anyway, that has all changed and we have too much of it now. I know we should be in better touch. It is so cute to see your boys and how different they are from each other.

Have a great day! Funny to see pictures of your kids in shorts on Halloween....

Amy Piller said...

SO CUTE!!!! I can't wait to play with them when we come.

Alayna said...

Looks like you guys had an exciting Halloween. Love the costumes!

Weisenbeck Family said...

Hey Marianne, it's Andrea (Johnson). I just found your blog. Your boys are so darn cute. I am sure they keep you busy. I always here about them through your mom, but now I can see pictures of them. You can check out my blog at weisenbeck.blogspot.com.
I hope you don't mind if I add you to my blog list. It is so fun to see pictures of everyone's kids now that we are all grown up and have families of our own.

Andrea

Wendy Noel said...

very cute pictures. What darling boys u have! Ease up on the candy a bit. one or two pieces won't hurt them. but maybe you are saving it for yourself?!? can't wait until you guys are here for a awhile it will be fun.

dave&abby johnson family said...

I am so glad that you found us! What a darling family you have and the boys are sooooo cute!!! How old are they now? You all look so good. Yes we will keep in touch, tell your cute mom and dad hello for us!!

dave&abby johnson family said...

Wait..... I didn't know you moved to FL, what are you guys doing there?

jessi said...

Poor babies! No candy! you are funny mern

Tasha said...

So cute! What ward are you in and what city. I keep meaning to find out how close you are to my sister.

Brimaca said...

So cute! M didn't really like candy at that age but six months later he loved it. I thought I had this miracle child. Now I have to hide the candy but we do give him his Halloween candy. Daddy thinks I'm evil not giving him as much as he wants when he wants. That was until he threw up from so much sugar. He he I wish he would just get it that I'm always right. :)

Danielle said...

Awe, I love their costumes!! The dog especially. So cute! You are so good not to let your kids have candy. Parker's addicted. He gets it from his dad. I try to limit his intake, but Mike says they had constant candy when they grew up and he turned out fine.

Dan and Brittany said...

What a cute blog. I love the pictures from Trunk or Treat and the Halloween party.

Amy Piller said...

Happy birthday yesterday! I love you girl and will call you soon!

Ruthann & Lynn said...

Nathan and Daniel are soooo cute and so different (from each other, of course). Love the Halloween costumes and seeing how much they have grown. xoxo Ruthann