Saturday, October 18, 2008

Southern Women

Me and some of the other law school students wives went to the annual Florida "Southern Womens Expo." It was a lot of fun being surrounded by hundreds of Southern Women. There is just something about the south and the whole "southern hospitality" thing that is so true...but that's a whole other post. It was a nice little outing with REALLY good company. It is really fun to have so many other wives in my ward (I think around eight girls) who are going through the same thing as me(with their husbands in law school). My friend Amanda from Arizona and my friend Polyanna from Brazil(she speaks GREAT English). You need to notice that I do NOT have a child in each arm, which is a rare occasion, but thanks to Matt I was actually able to enjoy myself.
Polyanna was able to get a free little makeover. She looked even more BEAUTIFUL then she already is.
This is my cute friend with her adorable little baby. Thanks girls for a great day!!!


6 comments:

Wendy Noel said...

Yea Marianne. I am so glad you were able to get out for awhile with your friends. i'm so glad you have met some of the law school couples and are hanging out with them. They were some of my best memories of law school and that time in my life. Once we went to Olive Garden with 9 girls and each with a baby. We took every high chair they had and got MANY stares from everyone there. Can't wait to see you in December. It will be here before we know it!!

Alayna said...

Mern, look at you! Posting like crazy these days. I LOVE IT!!!

jessi said...

How fun! you need to read betsy brannon green books... they all make me want to live in the south! (They all take place in the south with best friends that all live on the same street) any way they are great!

Melanie Chambers said...

It is great to have that support system huh? we have 2 wards here in our small town because of so many med students.

Brimaca said...

Ooohhh looks fun!

Amberdawn said...

How nice to get a break from the babies! My neighbor is from the south. They say such cute things. I love how her kids call me Miss Amber. Southern sayings are fun.