Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My lack of blogging skills

As you can see from this post and many of my past posts that the combination of three kids and blogging doesn't mix well. I just don't find the excitement in it like I use too. However, I still need my yearly blog book to journal our year.....so I must press on, hoping it will get a little easier in the future. What an exciting year. So many parties with friends and family, perfect weather, two super EXCITED little munchkins, and one cute little pumpkin......who we turned into a ghost this year!

Our friend had a costume birthday party for her little girl which started off the exciting month. As you can see the boys started out as a pirate and spiderman. Thrift store costumes that only cost about five dollars total. They LOVED them. Then the night before my parents big Monster Mash party I saw my cute nephew on facebook with his Spiderman costume......lets just say it was WAY cooler than our thrift store find, and I new when my little Nathan saw his cousin the next day he would come to realize really quick how cheep his parents are. So we went out the next morning and bought him a new costume, which meant Daniel wanted a new costume. So it wasn't the cheep Halloween I thought it would be. But we had two cute superheros.

We also were able to ride the Heber Creeper to a pumpkin patch were we all got to pick our own pumpkin, decorate it, and then have hot chocolate and cookies on the way back.

My parents Monster Mash did NOT disappoint, with the brand new finished basement my mom had the dance floor she had always dreamed of. And our family broke out all the moves. I even got to see my dad do the moon walk.....and he was REALLY good.

Then on Halloween Matt's work had a huge Halloween party, or should I say Christmas party? That's what it seemed like to me. The kids got to go trick or treating from office to office. Then they got a big surprise bag and got to pick out a movie. Then we went to the break room where each child had his or her name on a toy, which they handed out to all the kids. We had yummy pizza and so much excitement. They also gave Matt a kindle which I have claimed as mine.......but he doesn't seem to mind.

That night we went trick or treating in cute little farmington. It was perfect weather and the perfect area to celebrate one of our favorite holidays.

We won't forget when we were about done trick or treating and we told the boys they could only go to one more house....Nathan said "ONE MORE HOUSE.......YAY!!!!!!!!!!!" it was like the most exciting thing ever. I told Matt that every year will be less and less exciting for these little boys so we need to enjoy this excitement all we can. I think little Marie enjoyed her candy as well:)









































7 comments:

Emily said...

all the pictures were so cute... but i didn't see any text. I don't know if that is how you planned it, so I just imagined all sorts of dialogue. Love ya

jessi said...

How fun! marie is soooo cute! (your boys are too)

Brimaca said...

It hasn't gotten easier for me with three kids but like you said the blog books are important to me so I keep on keepin' on. I love the pic of the boys from behind while trick-or-treating! It was so "American."

Emily said...

now I read the text... thanks

Tasha said...

That work party is WAY cooler than any other work party I have heard of! That really is Christmas.
Love all the pics...my boys wanted to be super heros too, but I talked them into cute stuff for one more year. Your super heros looks really cute though!
I love the ghost too!

Jared said...

a dance floor? that is SO COOL! glad your halloween season was a big hit!
p.s. i wonder what matt's work christmas party will be like?!!! lol!

Amy Piller said...

Wow Marie looked so pretty in her costume!