Tuesday, November 22, 2011

lets be honest.

It's time consumig, messy, and not always fun. Making, and playing, and crafting, I have to admit are not always my favorite things to do. The kids love it......so I press on, knowing that one day they will not ask me to make them a masking tape city for their cars, or colorful bubble art, or play dough, or slime, or whatever else they have going on in their little heads.

By the way they played with the tape city for about 10 minutes and it took me an hour to make....note to self.....next time do it on something I can just roll up when they are finished and save for later. We had tape on the floor for weeks. Everytime I went to pull it off, there were tears, but still no playing. So it became a part of our living room for a long time. Most parents would not be bothered by it.......that is something I am working on:)





























4 comments:

Lindsey and Zach said...

Yeah I have been through that with Alyda...where she wants me to set something up so she can play with it,or make something that takes an hour and she plays with it for only minutes. I just figure, well there goes a couple of hours but usually that is a good thing when the day is taking too long anyway! It ends up being a good distraction for all of us.

Tasha said...

That is the coolest tape-city ever! I will make sure my boys NEVER see this post, because this big momma has no desire to sit on the floor for a whole hour! My ribs are aching to just think about it! You are awesome!

Brimaca said...

I think most parents would be bothered by it. Good job you! So fun! I've never even thought of that!

Noel Family said...

I did these same activities off of Pinterest too! And the tape track didn't last long either with my boys. But mine didn't look as cool as yours :)