Sunday, November 30, 2008

Little Helping Hands

I have these two little helpers(especially Daniel) who cannot let me do ANYTHING on my own. They have to be right there with me doing everything I do. Here we are making pizza together. They were fine until I put the cheese on and then they were eating it off faster than I could put it on..........(notice we are FINALLY wearing warm clothing in Florida, it's still in the upper 60's low 70's. I pretend it's cold, it's makes me feel more like it's the holidays.)

This is how the day started. Daniel finding my mascara, and eating it for breakfast.

A few temper tantrums when told that there are SOME things a mom just has to do on her own.

Everything takes 5 times as long with two little helpers. While cleaning the refrigerator the boys decided to unclean the pantry. While organizing the pantry the boys decided to unclean the refrigerator.

I have to say......they are pretty creative finding new ways to reach as high as possible. Even though it is A LOT of work, I have to say I am TRULY thankful for little, chubby, sticky, helping hands.





15 comments:

Frank G. Noel said...

Great pictures Marianne. Looks like you are still having a lot of "fun" with the little twinkies. We can't wait to see you all in a couple of weeks.
Dad

Emily said...

Oh the pantry... they are so cute. Kate does the same things, I have finally put a lock on my fridge... she loves rearranging things. Sometimes I come in the kitchen to see she has climbed up on the counter and is unloading the dishes from the cupboard to the other shelves and counter top! Thanks for sharing those wonderful mothering moments.

tiare said...

you have to be one of the MOST patient people i know. i would probably lock them in a room all day! ha ha!

Tiffany Steele said...

Hey they are the cutiest little helpers EVER!!!I love the pic of the boys in the fridge.

Brimaca said...

K- the only reason I sort of understand this if from when I babysat Sydney. She and M got into everthing! It was so frustrating. It's always much cuter when they are your own though I have to say. :)

Brimaca said...

What happened to our missionary friends? At least we still have each other! ;)

Crystal said...

Oh how cute and fun!! I thought it was hard with just one little helper I can't imagine having two. You are such an awesome mom!!

Amy Piller said...

I miss them, I know I don't know them very well but they are so darn cute I just want to hug them and pinch there cheeks! Love you girl! and I love your boys too all three of them:)_

Alayna said...

I think you staged these photos. How convenient that they had little storage containers to stand on in the pantry. Just kidding! Can't believe how big your boys are getting! I hope beyond all that is holy that I can find a way to come visit you in Utah (without having to drop a fierce load of change). I MISS YOUR STINKIN' GUTS!!!

Melanie Chambers said...

Before I read the post I looked at the picture of the fridge and I was seriously admiring it's cleanliness, too bad you had to redo it!! Also, I know what you mean about the twilight zone. How would it be to be Stephanie Meyer right about now?

Lindsey and Zach said...

Oh I can't wait to see all of you..those boys are so funny, if they love helping so much, just put them to some down and dirty housework..vacuuming, dusting and such. love ya "HOPE" to see ya soon!!!!

Nick and Stacey said...

I don't know what you are complaining about that looks like some great help there! I know exactally what youmean, Faye is going through the same thing...except I only have one that age! Way to go for handling all of that!

dave&abby johnson family said...

OMG, those pics of your boys are so stinkin cute!!

Danielle said...

HaHa! How cute is that? I'm thankful for your cute little boys too!! And mine too.

Ginny Tanner said...

Alright, I have to say that those little boys are just TOO cute! I know what you mean about having a little "helper." Logan insists on helping me make dinner, put away dishes, fold the laundry....I try to let him help me because maybe this desire will last long enough for him to be helpful, right?:) Hey, I was looking for your address and wondering if I found the right one. Do you guys live on Hideaway? Let me know when you can. Thanks!