Tuesday, April 17, 2012

NOT a favorite holiday.....





I don't know if it started when I was young because of the small amount of anxiety it would give me if I didn't have something green on when going to school, or maybe I felt dumb because I was all decked out in green. It always seemed like a somewhat unexciting pointless holiday to me. However, it is my parents anniversary and I do remember eating green food for breakfast every year on that day, and I have to admit I thought it was fun. This is the first year I decided to do a green meal, because I don't have it in me to do a real Irish meal. As you can see from the pictures there was very little excitement over this meal. Even I couldn't eat it. Matt said maybe it's because it was not just green but REALLY green. He tried to be really supportive saying things to the kids like..."you have the best mommy, who makes every holiday sooo fun!!" He really was sincere.....then he went in the kitchen and made himself an omelet. There were a few tears to start the meal and then a few smiles once they found out it really does taste the same (although it really didn't taste the same to me.) Probably won't be doing this again. Although I thought it might be a good diet strategy for me to dye all my food green and then I would eat a whole lot less!!

3 comments:

Lindsey and Zach said...

Yeah I gave it the thought to do something...but again, It is usually followed by...what's the point..really! Then at the end of the day I wish I would have made the most of it,because it just adds excitement to what would have been everyday "mundane" life, that I wish would be more exciting anyway.

Amy Piller said...

I love Nathans face in that picture, its classic. You really are the best mom to do stuff for all the holidays. My goal is to be like you and do the same!! Love ya!

Susie said...

You did go green! If you're going to do it, you might as well go all the way. You're so much fun and you bring so much fun to your family. You're a very special mom.