Monday, March 26, 2012

Already talking marriage.

I'm in the kitchen making our usual Saturday night pizza. Daniel comes down the stairs, just had a bath and has his comfy footed pajamas on.

"Mom when I get older and I meet a girl, and I fall in love, then do I ask her to marry me?"

I say "yes Daniel, you can marry whoever you choose."

"Mom when I decide to get married can I still live with you?"

I tell him No. He will not want too. He will want to live with his wife.

He tries really hard to fight back the tears. "but mom, I really want to live with you."

I tell him not to be sad. None of this is going to happen until he gets older and by then he won't want to live with me.

By now he has full on tears running down his little face. "mom I don't think I am ever going to get married, because I always want to live with you."

And this is the short little conversation that I will need to remember and will pull out on Daniel's wedding day when I am the one who is really in tears missing my boy.

6 comments:

Lindsey and Zach said...

That is so sweet and funny! At these points in conversation you just have to tell them "yes" to console them and obviously know that they will figure it out later!

Tasha said...

Oh my heck...I actually got teary-eyed reading this. I couldn't help, but think of my own boys moving on!

Wendy Noel said...

Hayden still says he is not getting married and living wit
h us always. Well, he now thinks he will get married but they will just live with us and pay rent!

Amy Piller said...

That is so cute, I love that little guy!!!!

Brimaca said...

That is so sweet!

Susie said...

That brought tears to my eyes. He sure does love you and always will.