Monday, March 19, 2012

Calling all Superheroes!!

We had to make this celebration a big one. It's only once that both your boys turn 5, that's a milestone I say. We had most of our celebrations on the Saturday before their actual Birthday. On their actual Birthday Daniel had an ear infection, so we didn't get to go bowling like we had planned (we went later in the week.) They did open presents. They both wanted cameras. They got "Cars" digital cameras, and just our luck NEITHER of them worked AT ALL. They still slept with them and carried them around until we were able to take them back and get knew ones.

Number "5" sugar cookies they brought to share with their preschool class on their Birthday.

Ending a long day of celebrations that started at our house with a house full of little Superhero boys, and ended with extended family packing into our little home for a taco bowl dinner and some cake and ice cream.




One of my nieces pictured below in her beauty mask. The girls were all upstairs doing who knows what in the bathroom.....I guess just needing to beautify!

Of course Grandma Rounds can never get enough of little Marie. Those two are inseparable.Opening presents at the Superhero party. The little boy with the "H" on his cape for "Hugh" was hilarious. He was so excited to give his present to Nathan and Daniel that he practically opened it for them. I think they were a little surprised by this, but I thought it was cute.
You have to play SUPERHERO games at a SUPERHERO party, wearing your SUPERHERO capes that you found on your SUPERHERO treasure hunt, and decorated with actual SUPERHEROES.





This is probably my favorite picture below, because I know my boys so well and I know exactly what they are thinking "YES!! finally it's MY birthday and I get to be sung to and I get my own cake and I get to blow out my candles, and I have been waiting ALL YEAR for this!!!"






Can't have a SUPERHERO party without "monster dogs" to defeat.


Some of the Birthday decorations to make the day a little more special.



Took a little trip to the comic book store to pick up a few cheap comic books so I could make these banners and decorate their letters. I have to say it will for sure be my last trip to a comic book store!!





All the work of putting this together was so worth it when I watched my two little boys walk into the fully decorated room. Their little eyes were huge and they both said "WOW, this looks so cool, I so excited, this is gonna be so fun." They then said "mom, I am going to give you a hug because this looks so exciting in here!!" Sweet little boys, they really are my SUPERHEROES!!

4 comments:

Brimaca said...

Our boys would get along so well!!!! What a great party. Loved the decorations!

Lindsey and Zach said...

Oh my sweet "heck" all of that was so darn cute! It did look like a lot of work, but it sounds like they appreciated it and loved it so much too, so it made it all worth it I am sure. You are an awesome mom to do so much, and get them so excited....good job Marianne! We wish them a big Happy "5" Birthday as well! Love you guys!

Tasha said...

Man, we missed one awesome party!!

Susie said...

Wow! Oh wow! I cannot believe all the work you went to for this b-day party. This is super-heroic for sure. Wow, it looks fantastic! I love the two super-hero cakes -- they are fabulous. Your boys are so blessed! You are too talented for words! What an awesome party! It was epic.