Monday, August 29, 2011

PURE JOY




There have been some real miracles that have taken place in our lives in the last 6 months. I have debated giving details and finally come to the conclusion that even though I am a very open person, some things really are too personal and too sacred to share with the whole world, however there are a few thing I do want to share.

I know that prayers are answered. Not always when or how I want them to be , but they are answered in the right way and time. I know Heavenly Father has been guiding our family and will always guide our family as we listen to him and obey his promptings. I truly know that temple attendance has blessed our lives. I will never forget the blessings that have come through going to the temple as a couple and individually. Most importantly I know that Heavenly Father knows me and my little family. He knows us so well that he can bless us in ways I never thought possible, influencing every detail of our lives. I have gained more faith and know that we will never be alone as we face trials in our lives.

As for the family update. We now live in Farmington. Matthew works for a law firm in down town Salt Lake and I stay home with my three cute kiddos and drive around my looooong awaited minivan(yes, I really have wanted a minivan.) The biggest news being the brand new addition to our family, little Marie Noel.

I have posted pictures of the birth and first few weeks of Marie's life, and here is a recent picture of her at six weeks. I can't begin to explain the joy she has brought into our lives. It's fun having just one at a time. I would not trade having twins for ANYTHING, but one baby at a time is really nice!! She is so sweet and has already smiled more in her life then she has EVER cried. She has brought a peace and a joy into our home and lives that I cannot explain. When I look at her I think "angel baby." She is such a little angel to me. My pregnancy with her as well as her birth as brought so many little miracles I just believe she was watching out for us before she was born into our family.

Right after Marie was born I was brought back to my room to recover from my c-section. I laid in bed and cried and cried. Nurse after nurse kept offering me more pain medicine as well as anything else they could give me so I would feel better. They didn't believe me as time after time I told them I was crying because I'm just SO happy. I didn't notice the pain or the exhaustion as much as I felt pure joy.

I am happy. We are blessed. Life has not been easy these last few years, most likely it will never be easy. These little moments make it all worth it.

13 comments:

Kacey said...

I am sooo glad everything is going great for you guys!! It was fun to read all of your catch-up blogs! We have been wondering how you guys are doing! Congrats on the cute little baby!! She is sooo stinking cute!!

jessi said...

Your baby is sooooo cute! I'm so glad things are finally looking up for you!!! So hunter gets off track in October- so we should plan an all day get together! (I know so far away but I'm tied to my house until then- taxi mom is no fun! Especially taking two kids two diff. Places a few times a week with karate thrown in there too!)
Anyway love you and hope everything stays great!

Alayna said...

Oh my gosh...she is beautiful! Thanks for the update.

Brimaca said...

Congrats Marianne! She is so pretty. I'm so curious about the details, but I'll let it go. ;) So glad to finally see more pics of her. She is so precious. I wish I could see you all!

wendyberd said...

she is BEAUTIFUL! and look at that hair!!!!

Melanie Chambers said...

Holy smokes!! Congratulations on your baby! I had no ideas you were pregnant and now you have 3. She is gorgeous. Yay for you guys.

The Evans said...

She is so adorable. Love all the smiles. What a cute baby girl. Glad to hear you are doing well.

chellrie said...

Congratulations Marianne!! She is so beautiful!!! I'm so excited for you. Having a girl is lots of fun. I bet your boys are the best big brothers ever!

Dan and Brittany said...

She is such a beautiful baby! I wish we could see you guys, we miss your family and hope you guys are doing well.

Amanda B. said...

Congratulations you guys! Marie is so beautiful and I had chills the whole time I was reading your post. I didn't know that you were pregnant, so this was a fun surprise! I am glad that things are looking up for you! We really look up to you guys and your spiritual strength and your ability to laugh even through hard times. We love you guys and are SO happy for you!

Susie said...

Dear Sweet Marianne,

I thoroughly enjoyed catchng up on your blog, as my tears swelled.

Marie Noel is so very precious and simply darling. Her hair is like, wow and her face so sweet.

I love seeing all the photos and reading your words that you exppressed so tenderly. You guys have been through a lot. Congrats on your new home in Farmington and on Matt's new job. I'm so happy for you!

I think of you often and miss you tons. You are a ray of sunshine and delight.

I look forward to your future posts of autumn leaves and Halloween fun.

Love,
Susie

Julie said...

She is sooooo beautiful! I'm so glad that you are happy! You deserve it! We miss you in Logan though. Hope you like your new place!

Astorga Crew said...

Thanks for the marathon posting! Cute, cute, cute little girl. Matt looks so happy holding her (as do the rest of you, of course). Marianne, you are the most positive person I know and even when you are going through hard times, it's hard to tell. You are a great example of faith!