Monday, August 29, 2011

A leap of fath.
















So our plan was to live with Matt's mom while we finished his last semester of school at the UofU. Then we would get a job in Logan, save money for a mini van, and move into our own place. Well Matt finished school but the job was just not happening. After a lot of prayer we felt it was time to move out on our own. HOW? not sure, it was a leap of faith. We found a cute little old duplex with a huge yard for the boys. Matt started his own practice and had a few things going. We put all our trust in the Lord.

About a week after we moved in Matt received a call from a law firm in SLC. They said they needed him to do some contract work and if they liked him then in six months they would think about hiring him. So again we were apart. Matt living with my parents in Ogden and me in Logan with the boys. I substitute taught and became REALLY pregnant. I had NO car, No T.V., No Internet, and No microwave...yes, i said no microwave. And I was very happy. I didn't care. Our prayers had been answered and we were able to pay our bills, and I was able to be with my two little kiddos.

I did all the things I had been longing to do. Decorate my own space, weed and plant my own garden, bake in my own kitchen, and enjoy all the wonderful little moments with my boys, like fresh picked bouquets of dandy lions from my sweet Daniel, and plenty of scares with the fake snake from my little Nathan.

This time in our lives was not easy. Matthew had a huge weight on his shoulder trying to prove himself worthy of this job. I was tired and pregnant and pretty much a single mom, not sure of what was going to happen. This was time where our faith was for sure tested. We grew a lot, learned a lot, and relied a lot on our faith. Things did work out. Two months later and five days before Marie was born, Matthew was offered a full time position as an associate at the law firm.

So on to our next adventure. Trying to get out of our rental lease, ending up having only a month to do it, and moving to our new place in Farmington, all within the first month of our little Marie's life. We did it. We are settled, and we can breathe a little sigh of relief, and prepare for whatever chaos our life brings us in the future.

1 comment:

The Evans said...

Your Family is so Cute. I love the hair on sweet Marie, she is adorable. I am glad to hear you are doing well.