Thursday, July 15, 2010

a few days of catching up.

I rarely have the Internet, so when I do I feel it is important to catch up on all of my posting, since this blog is pretty much our family scrapbook, and we don't want to leave anything out.

Easter is a big deal on the Noel side of the family not only because it's Easter but it is also the celebration of five birthdays in the family. So it is a huge party. It has been a long time since we were able to spend this holiday with family so we were really excited. I even grew my own wheat grass for the boys Easter basket, but I am upset that I only took a before picture and not an after, especially because we had wheat grass growing like crazy for weeks after Easter.

The boys had fun finding their Easter baskets and coloring eggs with Grandma Lorz. They also loved the Easter hunt and treasure hunt that my mother put together on Easter Sunday. However, I am not quite sure how much they loved what was in their Easter eggs. My mom is not a candy person so it looked more like bird food than goodies, but that is just my mom and that is one of the many reasons I love her.

We ended the Easter bash with a birthday party. Each person had their very own cake of course and we all leave sick because in the Noel family you just have to try every desert available. I guess that makes up for the no candy eggs.
Sometimes in the excitement of colored eggs and goodies, it is easy to forget the real reason we celebrate Easter. I have always had a desire to make holidays extra special for my family but the older I get the more I want these holidays to be extra meaningful as well.

Recently Daniel has been asking a lot of questions about death and heaven and why Jesus has nail prints in his hands and feet. I explain these things to him over and over again and he can't seem to get enough. Today he said "tell me the tory of Jesus and the holes in his hands." When I was all done he said, " oh...I lub Jesus." And then I overheard him telling Nathan the story a little bit later. However, Nathan's biggest worry right now is finding his favorite toy car that Grandma Lorz bought for him. And that is just fine. I know his questions will come soon enough, and how grateful I am that I have the answers.











1 comment:

No Big Dill said...

Is it true? IS IT TRUE? I thought as your blog popped up in my google reader. Do we get to see what the Lorz's are up to these days!? So glad to get a little update. Sure do miss you guys. A lot.