Thursday, July 15, 2010

looks can be deceiving.

looks like a great activity on a hot summer day...... right?
We finally arrived at this little splash park after getting lost. I then spent what seemed like way to long, changing kiddos into swim diapers, putting on swimming suits, and lathering on sunblock. Then the boys kind of ran around for about 10 minutes before coming to me complaining of hunger. I got out the sandwiches which started Nathan immediately complaining because it wasn't cut in half. So I tore it in half...which heaven forbid I should EVER do. So that started the tantrum of all tantrums. While everyone stared at me I tried to calm my screaming child. I soon realized nothing was going to help so I took him kicking and screaming to the car, of course leaving Daniel behind all by himself. When I came back to get Daniel(who by the way was not left THAT far away,) he was crying saying "momma I lost you!" I then pulled Daniel to the car feeling guilty because he had done nothing wrong yet still had to leave without really having the chance to play. So, Nathan cried all the way home while Daniel repeatedly tried to comfort me by saying.. "momma I happy." I was kind of in a rage and couldn't believe the whole day was going to be ruined because of a sandwich. Nathan went straight to bed when we got home.
Later that day with tears in his eyes, little Nathan says "I sorry momma." I of course immediately forgive my sweet little boy.
For me it is important that I record the good days as well as the bad. They are all a part of parenting, we must all face them, and somehow we get through them, still deeply in love with our little children, that at times make us incredibly CRAZY!!!



1 comment:

navymomma said...

Im sry i know that i probably shouldnt find that whole thing so hilarious cause i probably would have lost it (i have no idea how you do twins you are truly far more amazing than anyone) but its just so cute. hope next time turns out better. hang in there we miss you.