Thursday, July 15, 2010

a loooong awaited goodbye.

Before moving from Florida I was having anxiety about being in Utah all winter with two little boys. I even made a post asking for advice. Winter came very quickly and left VERY SLOWLY. I thought it would never end when May came along and it was still rainy and cold. I started to feel a little angry. I guess I was spoiled with the weather in Florida.

There was one blessing that came from living in Utah and that was having cable television. We haven't had cable all of our married life or a tv in our bedroom, and what a wonderful time it was to have around ten kids channels. I am also thankful for the little phase my boys went through where they would climb in bed with me in the morning and watch their shows while I continued to sleep soundly. No, I am not at all guilty about this, it did not last long and it was the perfect way for me to spend the cold winter mornings.

Some winter highlights included sledding, painting, playing with cousins, dancing, dressing up, and my favorite memory of going to the park watching my boys slide down the frozen slides, VERY FAST, in their snow clothes and flying out the bottom landing feet away in a pile of snow. I think it was a little scary for them but it made me laugh really hard.

My not so favorite memory included Daniel and his packing, organizing, rearranging everything phase. He did not play with his toys he just organized them Daniel style into a big pile right in the middle of every room. He found many interesting spots to stash toys, and he loved to rearrange his bedroom as well as every other bedroom in the house. When I would call my mom to vent and find support she would say. "Marianne, you need to let him do that, it is his work and it is how he plays." Needless to say I spent much of the winter putting away Daniel's so called organized messes. I decided ultimately it is my fault because he has always loved to do everything I do, and I guess I do spend a lot of time cleaning and organizing.
Goodbye winter, we had some fun times, but I will not miss you. I know you will be back again way to soon wearing out your welcome.






No comments: