Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Change is good, but still hard.




I wasn't quite prepared for what life would be like while Matthew is studying for the bar exam. It's a little bit of a let down, having your husband graduate from three hard years of school only to celebrate for about 90 seconds before he is gone again and even more stressed out. Which causes more stress for me as well. I know he has a lot on his shoulders right now. He has been so worried about this exam as well as finding a job and moving into our own place. I almost in some ways miss the simpleness of living in Florida and going to school. Even with all of the stresses lately, I am still so happy to be around family and lifelong friends. It is the best thing ever to see your kids playing with their cousins and loving every second of it.
We are trying to make the best of this summer situation of Matt busier than ever, by keeping ourselves busy. So, the other day I told the boys we were going to the Logan Zoo. This is my conversation with Daniel.
Me: get your shoes on we are going to the Zoo.
Daniel: Oh, YAY we feed Giraffes?
Me: No, there will be no Giraffes.
Daniel: Oh, see the elephants?
Me: No, there will be no Elephants.
Daniel: oh (looking puzzled)
Me: We might see a duck.....if we are lucky.
Yes, the Zoo was very different from the Zoo we are accustomed to in Jacksonville, we did see some neat things but the boys were not too impressed. I think in some ways the change of moving from Florida is a little hard on the boys too. I still have to explain at least once a week why we can't go to the beach.
Things may be a little difficult right now but all I have to do is look at my two BEAUTIFUL boys and I can't help but feel abundantly blessed. It's hard to complain when you see their little smiles.



16 comments:

Mrs. JM said...

sad! the logan zoo sounds like a drag. lol! i didn't even know there WAS a logan zoo. hang in girl, it will all be worth it.

tiare said...

the transition period must be really difficult. i'm sure it's hard for your boys too because they can remember a lot about Florida!!!

Shanie Ellison said...

coming to logan end of july maybe we can meet up or if you ever need to go somewhere lets meet in slc. i would love to see you again and your cute boys and my son mack would love to play with someone.

jessi said...

you need to come down here and we will go to the Herriman beach! It is a let down compared to the beach in florida, but hey, there is sand and water!!!! call me!

Alayna said...

the only change i see necessary is the changing of your boys' shorts. come on...u of u??

No Big Dill said...

I think they are entirely right. They need the beach. Come back?

Amberdawn said...

The boys look so big!! You are so lucky to be back with your family. Life transitions are hard, but family and friends make it easier. Your conversation with the boys about the zoo cracks me up. Poor little guys! hehehee

Brimaca said...

Your boys look so much bigger! I can't wait to see my kids play with cousins. How fun! I understand the simpleness of school. I also have had the same college experience. I haven't taken my kids there, but I think back and am in shock at how fast time has gone by!

Wendy Noel said...

Hang in there, only a few more weeks until the test!! And then hopefully you can find a place to call your own. Ogden would be great!!!!

chellrie said...

Wow, Your boys are growing fast! What kind of zoo doesn't have giraffes and elephants? Miss you guys! Hang in there!

Amy Piller said...

Just so you know I love the shorts!!!!

Miss you!

Tasha said...

I starting laughing when you told the boys you were going to the Logan Zoo! I guess I never considered it a zoo. I bet they still had a fun time just running around with each other.

Jennifer Lyn said...

Change is hard. Hang in there! Kevin had to pass the CPA which was terrible. But eventually it is over. :)

Susie said...

I can't believe how much the boys have grown. I love their hair! They are super cute. I loved all the pictures. Next time you're in SLC, you'll have to plan an outting to the Hogel Zoo.

Lindsey and Zach said...

Man that story abouth the Zoo is sad...NO ANIMALS at a zoo! We will have to go to the Hogle Zoo together, they have deals here and there that I will look out for. Alyda loves everything there, and we have not gone this year yet. I will talk to you about it.

Danielle said...

So, are you guys living in Logan now? What happened to moving to Riverton? :)
Cuties!