Sunday, October 18, 2009

reminisce

I would walk across campus and stare at all of the old buildings. They were beautiful to me. There is no place more gorgeous than Logan in the fall. The trees were so bright and there is a special renewed feeling when a new school year starts. New classes, professors, and most importantly roommates. The winters were COLD, the wind would blow and I would arrive to class with my nostrils frozen together. The snow was so clean and the sun made campus a very bright place to be. The Spring brought so much excitement for all of the students. It was so hard to go to class when there were games to play on the quad, or bands to listen too. There were friends going hiking, and some headed through the canyon to make a trip to Bear Lake for a famous Bear Lake raspberry milkshake.

There were always cookies that needed to be made for the cute boys that lived in the apartment next door. Of course country dancing EVERY Thursday night followed by a pancake breakfast at 1:00am, friend get togethers, Institute activities, FHE every Monday night, dating, staying up ALL night to watch the same CMT videos over and over again, rodeos, football, basketball, and hockey games, .......

I received so much more than a degree from Utah State. I gained lifelong wonderful friends. I made some unforgettable memories. I learned how to live with just about EVERY type of personality, I learned to set my own rules and standards for living on my own, I learned that people WILL eat your food if your name is not on it, and the mysterious dish that was left in the sink really didn't belong to ANYONE in the apartment, I learned that every roommate believes they do the majority of the cleaning,and yet the apartment will always be a mess. I also learned that you don't need any money to have tons of fun.

USU didn't just give me an education, it taught me invaluable life lessons. Many of those lessons I still use today as a wife and mother. I may never attend Utah State University again as a student, but it will always be like home to me. It is and always will be MY school and I am proud to be a TRUE Aggie.

9 comments:

Amy Piller said...

Oh how you made me miss Logan so much! I want to take Grant up there for a weekend!

Brimaca said...

I know what you mean. Different school, same stuff. Makes me a little sad actually.

Jennifer Lyn said...

Oh, makes me miss Utah. :( A True Aggie eh? I heard how you become one of those. :)

Shanie Ellison said...

Oh how I sometimes miss my college days at USU! I loved it there and had a great experience! I know exactly what you mean about fall winter and spring. I hope someday to live in Logan for a few years. I loved my experience there.

Alayna said...

Ah...Utah State. How I long for thee! I miss that place so much! I don't know that I actually miss college, just the environment. It is funny how I try to plan trips up to Logan when I am in Utah just because I miss it. There is nothing for me to do there, I just crave being there. Good times indeed. Oh, and I loved the little True Aggie inuendo at the end...

Wendy Noel said...

AMEN!!!

Melanie Chambers said...

Oh yes! Yes. Yes. Yes. I love USU.

Amy Piller said...

Yes, lets do a party for sure. Tell me of some days that will work for you and I will see if we can find a day that will work for everyone:)

Tasha said...

USU has to be one of the funnest places on earth!! Thanks for helping me remember many of the same memories.

Good Times, but I am sure we will look back on these days the same way in the future!

By the way, isn't it great to be a TRUE aggie ;)