Sunday, October 18, 2009

Differences



Nathan/Daniel
-Skinny /On the chubby side
-Huge mouth and loves "big bite." /small mouth "no big bite"
- crooked teeth, straight hair. /Straight teeth,curly hair.when we let it grow
- outy belly button /inny belly button
-takes long time to fall asleep,heavy sleeper /falls asleep fast,light sleeper
-outgoing and silly /a little shy and more serious
-into ALL things BOY / into all things boy and girl
-a little high strung, very particular, temperamental / layed back and easygoing
-not worried when I don't hear him for a few minutes /very worried if I don't hear him
-likes to be clean......very clean /likes messy....very messy
- athletic / creative
-shows excitement over EVERYTHING /holds in his excitementuntil he bursts.
-wakes up grumpy,needs a loooong time to wake up /pops right out of bed happy as can be
-plays by himself for long periods of time /likes continuous attention,and activities
-never cries when we drop him off at nursery /cries when we drop him off at nursery
-daddy's boy /mommy's boy


I thought having twins would be easy......

I have two arms, I will hold them at the same time. I will nurse at the same time. They will sleep at the same time and eat at the same time. I will sing them the same songs and read them books at the same time. They will both like the same foods and playing the same games. And when they are old enough they will always LOVE having each other to play with. I will use the same techniques on both of them to soothe them, teach them, and discipline them. It might just be a little more work doing double of everything. RIGHT?

Heavenly Father is humbling me by sending me two children at the same time who could not be more different.

I wouldn't have it any other way.












7 comments:

Brooke said...

What a great post! I don't have twins--but it is amazing how different our kids can be. Your boys' differences were hysterical! They are total opposites, huh? But, like you said--you wouldn't have it any other way. I love that picture of the boys--so cute!

Also--uh, yeah...send a picture of your room with the wall and door. I'm very interested to see how it would look with a white door! Thanks!

Amy Piller said...

That is so cute, they make a perfect pair!

tiare said...

that's amazing! you'd think they would be extemely similiar having lived side-by-side in such close quarters before making an appearance here!!!!

Brimaca said...

I think you've forgotten - you were terrified! I remember. I told you God would bless you with what you needed and you said, "I hope so!" You were excited but very worried it would be difficult.

My twin brothers are exactly the same way! Complete and total opposites! So fun!

Emily said...

those differences will be such a blessing to them in their lives, they will help each other out, strengthen and probably envy one another. I love your wisdom and insight.

Tasha said...

I don't think any mother could have said it better!!

Mine aren't twins, but they sure are individuals.

This is so cute!

Tiffany Steele said...

They are soooo cute...and that picture!!!! Kids are totally a blessing!!!