Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Rice cakes and Flax seed Easter bunnies

Matt was telling the boys all about Easter trying to get them excited for all the fun upcoming events. He told them there would be Easter egg hunts with eggs full of goodies and there would be Easter baskets with chocolate bunnies. Then he paused and said..."actually, knowing your mom you will probably get eggs full of little rice cakes, and Easter bunnies made of Flax seed." Matt was pretty excited Easter morning to find goodies and LOTS of chocolate bunnies!! I really am not a fan of candy but I hope I'm not crazy enough not to have chocolate on Easter.
This year the boys had four different egg hunts. three different parties, lots of chocolate, lots of presents from grandparents, a visit from the Easter bunny, and some fun egg decorating. It was a fun Easter!
This is Nathan with his chocolate.
They got fun little banks with a dollar for each of them.
Daniel would never finish his egg hunts. After he would find the first egg, he would open it right then and tear into the candy.






They LOVE packages from their Grandma's.


After we colored the eggs, the boys wasted No time cracking them open and chowing down.

Daniel peeled his eggs so carefully and got every last piece of shell off. I was pretty impressed.

Easter bunnies have always been a little creepy looking to me, but the boys seemed to like him.
Hope you all had a wonderful Easter season!!















10 comments:

Amberdawn said...

I really like the picture with the boys and the easter bunny. I also think the easter bunny is a creepy looking fellow, so much so that I've never let my kids sit with one! Eeeeekkkkk! But your boys look very cute sitting there with him.

Susie said...

What a lovely Easter you had. You are such a good Mom. Love the pictures.

Amy Piller said...

So fun! I love that last picture of the boys with the Easter Bunny!

No Big Dill said...

What an Easter!

Alayna said...

I too am impressed with the thoroughness of egg peeling and removal of every shell piece. Nice work kid! Looks like you guys had fun. Awesome thing is, I arrived at my parents' house on Easter afternoon and there were eggs hidden for me too. Yep, you are never too old for that stuff!

Lindsey and Zach said...

Man sounds like great times at your house...we didn't do anything at all..no candy..no baskets..no bunny..not even a colored egg!!! ): does that mean I am a horrible mother? OH Marianne I need your motherliness.

Brimaca said...

I can't believe he peeled the egg! I can hardly do that! I want rice cakes.....mmm..

Nick and Stacey said...

Too funny...gotta love those Rice Cakes the Easter Bunny sometimes brings! Those two boys just look so big in those pictures! Looks like you guys had a great Easter!

Danielle said...

I miss you.
I'm laughing so hard about the rice cakes and flax seed.

Amy Piller said...

Did you look at the horses in the picture? Do you really think you want to ride those they are about the size of my toe, lol. When I was there I was remembering when we all went up there for the Pioneer thing and danced all night, oh the good times:)