Thursday, April 2, 2009

Kind of sad today.

I was told the other day by one of my friends, that my boys look like they are getting so tall. A harmless comment that has started me thinking that maybe my babies aren't babies anymore. I have to admit that many things are easier these days. I even went to the Zoo today alone with my boys, and nothing tragic happened like them running in different directions, or both throwing a tantrum at the same time, or both wanting to sit in the same seat in the wagon. In fact they listened to me, and even somewhat obeyed me. We had fun together and my stomach wasn't in knots, and I wasn't in a hurry to get them home in time for nap, or worried that they would get a deadly disease from playing in the germ infested fountains. In fact it was more fun than it was work and that's something I haven't been able to say much in the last two years. So why is all of this making me so melancholy?

I love how excited my babies get over a simple balloon. How hard they laugh just from chasing each other around, how excited they get when daddy comes home, how they love me to kiss their owies, and feed their stuffed animals, how they still look so cute dancing around in nothing but diapers, how sweet they are, how they love to be tickled and cuddled, how they remind us to sing them their bedtime song, how they speak in their own little language....and actually understand each other.

I am thankful they are growing and they are learning and changing. I am thankful that things in many ways are so much easier than they have been. So if it's getting easier.....why is this so hard?













"Little boys should never be put to bed. They just wake up another day older."
-Finding Neverland


13 comments:

jessi said...

I feel exactly the same way! Carter is standing by himself and took 1.5 step... he is only 9 months! Time flies way too fast

Amy Piller said...

I know that must be hard, I just want to have little boys like you do though. I love that age and I love how they just learned to love us so fast when we were there. We really miss them! will you guys be visiting Utah this summer?

No Big Dill said...

Because they are your babies. They will always be. Carpe Dium and ENJOY IT!

Amberdawn said...

It really is too bad that little boys grow up. It does make life easier though! I still call buddy my baby sometimes, he doesn't like it but I don't care. He is my baby.

Mrs. JM said...

it gets harder as it gets easier because they don't need you as much. you forget how to be without everything being about them. some embrace it and the others, well, we just keep having more babies like a bunch of lunatics. sounds like it's time for another heehee.

Wendy Noel said...

Ok, way to make me sad!! My boys are tryout of sports and going to dances and hanging out on Friday nights with their friends. Talk about hard. I'm glad you enjoy each day. remember them because they go by all too soon!!

tiare said...

they will ALWAYS be your little boys!....and they are oh so cute!

Lindsey and Zach said...

TIME FOR MORE I GUESS!!!

Brimaca said...

I only had one at a time but I still get it I think. It makes me sad all the time. I look at pics of them younger and get really sad. I wish it made me smile and it kind of does but then I get melancholy. That's why older people tell us to appreciate it while they are young because they fully know what we only kind of understand.

Emily said...

I agree with lindsay... and know that the best is yet to come!

Alayna said...

It just means that it's time to start making more babies...

Melanie Chambers said...

Ahh...that's a sweet post. I love that I can totally relate to the exact stage you guys are going through (and the thoughts you are having) except with my one. But I totally agree!

Nicole said...

That was kind of sad... but I'm excited for my kid to grow up! I can't wait :) Although I do like watching it all happen and all of the stages kids go through. My baby will always be my baby.