Sunday, April 12, 2009

Answering some questions.

Some of you have been asking me all kinds of questions about this whole Cinderella thing(from my post below.) I guess I need to clarify some things. No, I do not just have a random Cinderella dress in my closet waiting for such an occasion when someone might just ask me to be Cinderella. The person I did this for bought the whole costume(including the cute glass slippers) so I could use it to look the part.

A friend from my ward told her sister-in-law that I would make a good Cinderella for her daughters birthday party. I had never met any of these people because they are from a whole different ward, but that is how they found me. They are a very cute family, and they have an adorable little girl. The little girl didn't say much to me just stared at me a lot. I wasn't sure what that meant but later her mom told me that Cinderella's visit was her favorite part of the party, so that made me feel better.

Don't worry, I'm not trying to make this my new part time job. I really have no idea how to act, and a few times I almost started just busting out laughing at myself....especially when I first walked up and saw a friend from my ward standing there, I didn't think I would know anyone there, and kind of wanted it that way, so seeing her made us both start laughing. But I quickly contained myself and remembered that Cinderella shouldn't be seen doing such silly things.



The best part of it all was remembering the days when I was a little girl and really believed in fairy tales. It is so wonderful to be a child and really believe that "some day" all your dreams will come true and life will all work out perfectly. I have since learned life IS NOT a fairy tale. However, I have decided I need to have more amazement, wonder, belief, hope, faith, and dreams that little children have. They are bursting with energy and filled with happiness. Those are two things I can always use more of.

12 comments:

Bridget said...

Oh, you are so beautiful. Taylor especially loved the dress. I would love to borrow it, too bad it isn't yours, maybe I should invest in one with 3 daughters. Miss you! Have a great day.

Amy Piller said...

So cute! You really look the part and I am sure those girls loved your! Even know you have 2 boys you got to do the girls stuff! Love you girl!

Shanie Ellison said...

YOu make a very beautiful cinderella and I love the dress. I will keep you in mind if someday I have a little girl and she wants a princess party. You really do look like Cinderella!~

Susie said...

You are one of the sweetest and cutest people ever! You are a beautiful Cinderella. What an awesome Princess party. Your boys now know that they have Cinderella for their mother. What special little boys, indeed!

Brimaca said...

You were so sweet to do that. I can understand it being out of your comfort zone. I think I could do it if there was another fairytale princess there but by myself I'd be nervous.

Nick and Stacey said...

How cute are you! You do make a perfect Cinderella! What fun for those girls to have you at their party!

tiare said...

you are sooooo awesome! not everyone would do this!!!
i love your final thoughts on being more child-like!!!!

Alayna said...

ADORABLE!!! By the way, I totally love the comment by Matt about being Prince Charming. Typical. Tell him Happy Birthday for me tomorrow!

Astorga Crew said...

You did such an awesome job! I am sorry for laughing at the party, I didn't think I would, but it was more from amazement at how perfect you looked. You spent great one-on-one time with the children, esp. the party girl.

Lindsey and Zach said...

That is so cool, come to think of it...you do look allot like cinderella.

Michelle said...

this is a great post! you really do look so much like a real life cinderella!

Nicole said...

You do make a good Cinderella! Maybe you should take it on as a part-time job :)