Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Primary


We spent quite awhile discussing Primary with the boys. Explaining how it would be different than nursery and also that we would be in primary with them but we would be sitting with different kids because we were Primary teachers...but not theirs. Matthew and I expected there would be some tears from the boys and it would be a little bit of an adjustment for them being able to see us but not be with us. So when the day finally arrived we watched our two sweet boys happily march into primary with big smiles on their faces. They sat down with their class and then turned around smiling and waving saying "Hi, mommy and daddy." I then look at Matthew and realized he had the same reaction I did. We were the ones in tears.


I don't know what it is about seeing your children as they are learning the Gospel, but it brings me so much joy. I love that they sit on the toilets in public restrooms and sing in unison "book of Mormon stories." I love that they think to pray when they are scared or sad. I love to see their excitement for the scriptures and how they are always "reading" them. One of my favorite statements....."mom I have to go read my cripkers." I am thankful that they are reverent at church and walk down the halls with their arms folded. I truly am so proud of them. They are special boys born with such a huge light inside of them. I feel a great responsibility to teach them and help them as their testimonies are growing.


Watching Daniel as he gave is first scripture in primary was a proud moment for us. Before he got up to the microphone the Primary president gave all the kids participating that day a sticker. Of course Daniel stuck his right in the middle of his forehead and then all the other kids followed his example. So he marched right up to the podium gave his scripture loud and clear with a big smile and a sticker on his head. It was a proud day for us. We love them so much.


Here they are with their "CBR" necklaces. Only one child gets one each week. It means they were "caught being reverent" this wee they both received a necklace. It was a great day!!




















7 comments:

jessi said...

They are so cute!

Julie said...

They are so dang cute! I love the scriptures in their hands too. Seriously, too cute!

Tasha said...

Your posts are really good at making me cry! I have a sentimental problem though :)

We had a lot of the same feelings when Tanner started Primary as well! Every step along the way is filled with both joy and a couple tears for me. Isn't it great!!?

Your boys are so ADORABLE!

Amy Piller said...

And now I am in tears! Love you all!

Susie said...

A beautifully written post about your precious boys! You are a special and remarkable mother and it shows through them. Primary is the place to be. I'm so glad you and Matt get to enjoy Primary and see your boys grow and thrive in the gospel. They are special and so cute in their Sunday best with their scripture bags and their new personalized Book of Momron. I love the good example that they set. They are the future leaders of the church.

Amanda B. said...

They are so cute and BIG and funny. I love how Daniel stuck the sticker on his forehead. He's a character that boy!

Brimaca said...

Wow!!! I totally agree with everything. My kids won't speak in public though so it may be some time before I get to enjoy that. :)