Wednesday, June 25, 2008

In love with the Zoo!!

I have always loved the Zoo, but I have to say the Jacksonville Zoo has to be my favorite. There is so much to do there. A huge section of the Zoo is just for little kiddies. It has a petting zoo, sand boxes, playgrounds, indoor learning centers, and our favorite....a Whale Splash Park. Our babies could spend all day just in this one area of the Zoo. We just keep going back, we really can't get enough. Oh ya, and my favorite part.....the snowcones, they are seriously the best snowcones EVER. They are different than any snowcone I have ever before experienced. Next time we go I will take a picture....and I'm sure that will be pretty soon!! Nathan and Daddy feeding the Giraffe lettuce.
Daniel and mommy feeding the same giraffe, the Zoo keeper said she was proud of little Daniel feeding the giraffe all by himself. He fed him four pieces of lettuce...he must think that lettuce is pretty yummy.
Nathan and I feeding the birds. When Grandpa Noel came to visit and we fed the birds he had them ALL OVER, even on his head!! They must have been starving that day.
Nathan and Daniel enjoying the splash park.
Matt and I got soaked at the splash park chasing the little munchkins around, but it was pretty refreshing. Although next time we think we'll bring our bathing suits:)

11 comments:

Amberdawn said...

It sounds like a fabulous Zoo! Looks like a lot of fun. Buddy loves giraffes, feeding one would be a highlight of his little life. Perhaps we'll have to come visit...

Danielle said...

That looks like so much fun!! You guys are such fun parents. Guess how many times Parker has been to the zoo?......ZERO!! I'm a loser, I know. If Drew was older and not having surgery all the time, I'd come out and visit you. It looks like so much fun there. Besides I miss your cute face. Will you play with me when you are here in JUly?

Amy Piller said...

So cute! I wish we had a fun zoo like that. Grant said he would take me to the zoo this summer and I can't wait, lol.

Brimaca said...

That's looks like the best zoo ever. Maybe we'll make a trip to see you and get to see the zoo. That's wishful thinking but I'll keep wishing and maybe it will come true.

tiare said...

what? they actually let you feed the animals? i've got to go there myself. hogle zoo? what's that?....LAME!
except...the giraffe's tongue kind of creeps me out...

Miss Amanda said...

That looks like a lot of fun!!! I love the Zoo too...esepcially the National Zoo in DC and the San Diego Zoo. I think they should add a splash park at every zoo.

Tasha said...

We have pictures of me at the Jascksonville Zoo as kid. My Grandma lives in St. Augustine. Anyway, cute pictures! Your kids are pretty adventurous. I don't know if Tanner would get under those water falls!

Noel Family said...

That looks like so much fun...way better than the Hoogle Zoo! I want to go :)

Nick and Stacey said...

What a fun zoo! It looks so nice! I love that splash pad it looks awesome. It looks like the boys absolutely loved it too!

Becky and Bryce said...

Hey MERN!!!!!! Wow, how fun to see you. I've kept updated here and there with Amy, I knew you went on a mission and that you'd gotten married. Last I heard you were having those darling little twins!!! Sooooo fun to see them. They look like such a handful. HOW DO YOU DO IT? If anyone can that would be YOU!!!! I totally miss you. I'm glad I can check in on you ever now and then. It's fun to see a picture of your whole family. It's soooooo crazy how much it's grown. Last I saw everyone there was only Hayden, Cole and Kendra. HOLY COW!!!!! TONS MORE NOW!!! You can totally tell who Eddies boy is (LOOKS JUST LIKE HIM...CRAZY). That Zoo is amazing, they need to give to pointers to Hogle!!! Love you, you cute lady!!!

Jennifer Lyn said...

That sounds so fun! The zoo is great! We took Emma last summer to Hogle Zoo and she was scared of the giraffes. So I'm glad your boys are brave! They are sooooo cute!