Friday, March 21, 2008

I'M BAAAAAACK

Ok, so it has been FOREVER since I last blogged and believe me I have gone through withdrawls. Let me just tell you our little story of misfortune. It has to do with coming home from Utah and flying on Southwest. I was going to tell the whole story but there wouldn't be enough space and I have explained it waaaayyy to many times. SO......to make a long story short our luggage was delayed and when it finally showed up we went to pick it up and a Southwest employee had already given our bags without checking ID's to somebody else!!! All three of our bags, clothes, personal items, Christmas presents, everything our twins own was STOLEN. I spent a day in tears but then realized it is just stuff and they promised to reimburse us...even though we feel a lot of the items could not be replaced with money. It has been a huge hassle trying to get the money we deserve being as they have some crazy policy that they wouldn't cover any of our boys items since they were lap babies, even though we shouldn't be part of that policy considering our bags were not lost they were given away by an employee and it was their negligence. Thank goodness for family and friends who have come to the rescue sending us money and gift cards so we could purchase the things we needed while we waited for southwest to come through. We are just finally starting to get some of our money. Anyway, once we got home we realized our internet had been shut off cause we didn't pay the bill while we were in Utah...OOPS! Talk about kicking us while were down:) So I guess that explains why I have not been on the internet. Also you may be wondering why no pictures? Well it's just our luck that our camera containing pictures of our boys first Christmas was in our luggage:( On the bright my wonderful dad downloaded most of our pictures onto his computer before we came back to Utah (what a blessing). So now you know our little misfortune...but I will say it is "little" because we are happy and healthy and doing well. Matt did great in his first semester of law school and our babies just celebrated thier first birthday. They are as cute as ever and starting to walk. My parents got to come out to Florida for thier birthday and we had so much fun. I guess the only thing that has been missing in my life is all my blogging buddies. But I am now back and I can't wait to get caught up on all your lives again. I have missed you all and I look forward to many blogs ahead!!

11 comments:

Noel Family said...

Oh man, what a mess! I would've cried for a day too! But I'm glad you're finally getting the money from Southwest. I wish I could see some pictures of the boys. I bet they're so big. Mason is walking and running everywhere now! And all he wants to do is be outside :) Which is great now that it's starting to warm up just a bit. We sure miss you guys and hope things are starting to become a little more normal :) Love you guys.

Noel Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brooke said...

Yeah!!!! You're back! I've checked your blog like EVERY day for the past 3 months hoping for that Christmas update. I am SOOO sorry to hear about your mess with Southwest. How ridiculous! I hope it all gets cleared up (as best it can) SOON! I can't believe your boys are 1! That's so crazy! I'll be excited to check your blog again and see updates.

Robyn said...

What a terrible thing to have happen! I'm glad your dad saved some pictures for you. Thanks for posting on my blog-it will be fun to stay in touch this way.

Nick said...

That is the saddest story ever. Pretty darn close anyway. Sounds like we better try to avoid Southwest in the future. We are glad things are finally coming together for you. I do have a bone to pick with you. Stacey spends all, and i seriously mean ALL, her free time blogging. It sounded like such a great idea when you first told us and now she has turned into a blog addict. It is sad. I would hate to see what would happen if she had to quit. (it would get really ugly) anywho we were glad to hear from you again. Nick
I really am glad you are back, I kept looking on your blog to see if you had posted anything, I love to have blogging buddies. Nick just doesn't understand how it is!! Anyways we are trying to set a record for the longest comment ever! I think thats about it! Glad to hear everything is on the up and up! Stacey

Melanie Chambers said...

That is sooooooo sad. But you sound so optimistic about the whole thing. I guess what else can you do. I've missed seeing pics also. I thought you just gave up on the blog thing:) I can't believe out kids are 1. Chloe's birthday is today. Its so fun to see her walking. I'll bet you are having so much fun time two. Good luck with getting everything "replaced".

Shanie Ellison said...

Welcome back to the blogging world. I was wondering what happened to you????? I am so sorry to here about your misfortune with Southwest and your luggage. I hope you get what you deserve back. I can't believe your boys are one. Time sure goes by fast!!

Amberdawn said...

Hello! I'm glad you are back. I can't wait to see new pictures of you cute boys. Sorry about the mess with Southwest, how stinky!

Amanda and Miles said...

We have missed your blogs, but glad you are back. I'm sorry to hear about all your trouble. That's crazy and so hard on you guys as students.

Brimaca said...

Oh my goodness what a nightmare. I guess you are excused from your absenteeism. I'm soooo glad you are back though.

Frank G. Noel said...

This is Grandma and Grandpa, We loved being in Florida it was awesome! We had so much fun with Daniel and Nathan trying to walk and being so proud of themselves. They are such good eaters and they get such good food from their mama. I miss holding them and squeezing them so I guess I'll just have to go back.
Take care and always make it a good day. Even if Nathan and Daniel can't get the sharing concept down love ya