Wednesday, December 22, 2010

It's official!!

I was excited when Matthew graduated Law school, I was relieved when he passed the Bar, and during the ceremony where he was officially sworn in I was emotional. Maybe because I knew a little about the sacrifice, stress, work, and prayers that went into this whole process. It was a wonderful feeling to watch my husband take those oaths making him a real life attorney!!

This has not been an easy three years, especially the last year. I don't know if I have ever had to put more faith and trust into my Heavenly Father. As proud as I am of Matthew it is a challenge to stay positive in a NOT so positive economy. My poor husband wakes up at 4 am EVERY morning to deliver his five paper routes. He then spends his evenings working at a retirement center where he is hit on by 80 year old women. All of this so he can keep his days free to look, apply and interview for jobs. It's a loooong and often discouraging process.

Through it all I am reminded more than ever that our Savior loves our little family and has blessed us enormously. I am thankful for our trials and struggles and believe that they can shape us into better people.

I am now officially caught up on my blog posts and am super excited to start my Christmas blogging, I have learned more this Christmas and it has probably meant more to me than any other Christmas before. Can't wait to start the celebrations!

















12 comments:

tiare said...

mern - i appreciate your example of being a loving supportive wife. WAY TO GO MATT ON PASSING THE BAR!!!! we'll pray for him to find a suitable job!

Lindsey and Zach said...

I am so happy for all of you guys, and you deserve all the great blessings. Hopefully soon things will turn around and Matt will find the best job out there awaiting him. Hope you guys have a fabulous Christmas!

Tasha said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you guys!
Marianne, I hope you know that you have always been such an example of positive attitudes to me. Thank you for being an inspiration in my life! When I think of you, I always see a smiling face and hear a wonderful laugh!
It would sure be nice to see you guys again some time! Merry Christmas.

Tasha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tasha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tasha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tasha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susie said...

A thousand CONGRATULATIONS to Matt and to you!!! Wow, it's official. Zippadee doo dah, zippadee aaaaa. Wow, I am so excited for you!!! It touched me deeply to hear about Matt and your sacrifices. The best is yet to come. Heavenly Father is mindful of you and your family and loves you very much! No doubt that something wonderful is around the corner. We'll be praying for Matt to find the perfect job. Have a very Merry Christmas!!! Much love, Susie

Nicole said...

I'm glad you finally posted! I used to visit your blog but you stopped posting... Congrats to Matt for passing the bar, though! I hope the job hunt turns around soon! That's hard. I hope you have a Merry Christmas!!

jessi said...

Love the pic of your little guy with no pants on, it reminded me of Hunter when he was three :)
I am so proud of you and Mathew and the sacrifices you are making/have made! It will all turn around soon, just keep holding on! It will come I promise!

I looked at the rest of your blog, ok can I just say I look horiffic in those pics! Wheeler farm will always hold a special place in my heart :)
when are you coming down again? I need some uplifting from you :)

Brimaca said...

I'd be emotional too. That's awesome!

Michelle said...

Matthew has 5 paper routes???!!!! Greg about died when I told him. I'm so happy for both of you that Matthew passed his bar exam. Hope to see you guys sometime soon :)