Friday, April 25, 2008

Two Dates in ONE DAY!!

Today was an unusual day, I had a date with Nathan and a date with Matthew. Whenever Matt takes one of the twins to the grocery store or to run an errand I use that alone time with the other twin to have a date. Today Nathan and I went on a walk, played by the pond, and swung on the neighborhood swing set, all without a stroller!! This may not sound very exciting to most of you but if you have twins you'll understand. The last time I took them out in the front yard without a stroller by myself I had one headed to the street and another trying to eat peices of ashpalt from the drive way, it was stressful to say the least. Usually I can't take the babies anywhere without a stroller, so sometimes I feel like they miss out on the simple things like just walking around the block holding my hand, or exploring outside, and playing in the dirt. Things I will never take for granted if I ever have just one baby at a time. It is always so nice to have some alone time with my munchkins.

Then the day got really exciting because for the first time EVER we hired a babysitter. We have never had anyone but family babysit our children, I know it's crazy but sometimes I can barely handle it myself so I wasn't sure if I could put anyone else through it. So we put the babies to bed at 7:30pm (their bedtime) and one of my young women came over so we could go PARTY!! We went and got a new camera and then we went to Chili's for dinner, It was great to just take our time and not have to worry about keeping the babies happy and entertained. We enjoyed a great dinner and topped it off with my favorite Molten Lava chocolate cake...mmmm.mmmm.....I think this is something we need to do more often:)

7 comments:

Frank G. Noel said...

I'm glad you were able to get some "alone time" with just one of the twins. I love the picture on your blog of the twins at the beach. They really are special. Enjoy this time in their lives. It will be over all too soon. You'll wake up one morning and they will be getting ready to go to college or on a mission.
What kind of camera did you finally get? I hope it works out for you.
Dad

Brimaca said...

Yay I'm glad you were able to do that. My mom had twins at 19 so she knows what you are talking about. She always gives couples advice to make sure you get out. That's the great thing about them going to bed so early. My kiddies go to bed a little later but I sure love that time alone with Caleb or a good book. :)

Amanda and Miles said...

Good for ya! You always need a date with your husband. Now if I could just get one with mine.

Miss Amanda said...

What a fun time to go out on two dates! I bet it felt good to have some one on one time with Matt again! It is nice that Young Women can come help with the babysitting. Enjoy it why you can!

Alayna said...

Oh fun! I wish I could just go out on ONE date...

Nick and Stacey said...

That is cute to take one of your kids out on a little date! I just read of someone else doing this, and it made me think I need to do it with Mitchell and Faye sometimes! How cute! Good for you to go out without the kids and get a babysitter! I know its hard, we hardly very rarely do that either! I love the Cake, I think I should go get one right now!

Tasha said...

We only have one, and I still find it hard to get out without the baby. Sounds like a good time, and I hope you are all feeling better!