Friday, April 11, 2008

Not complaining......just (venting)

Well, I would have to say Spring break ended quite abruptly and we are sure missing it now. If your up to date on my posts you may have read where I mentioned my boys "catching" more than just the nasty rubber ducks at the fair. Well I was right and whatever they caught we all now have. It has been a hard week to say the least. We have all been dealing with coughs, sore throats, sinus problems, cold and flu symptoms, and now some weird eye infection (I was going to take a picture of us all but believe me it is NOT pretty). I feel especially bad for the babies. Somehow, I guess moms are just able to forget how bad they feel when there is a family to take care of, but today was one of those days were I just didn't know how I was going to take care of two sick toddlers by myself. Matt had to jump right back into school and had a huge paper due this week so last night he pulled an "all nighter" which I am sure wasn't easy since he is sick. With him getting to the end of the semester and having so many important assignments due he can't really help me out as much as he would like. Today the babies have been so "clingy" just wanting to be held which is impossible with only one set of arms. I tried to be fair and take turns holding them but when I put one down to trade for the other I would get this look, like I was so mean and then the baby I put down would burst into tears. Little Nathan threw so many temper tantrums and I had never seen him so sad and upset in my life. It's hard to explain to a one year old why I'm holding his brother instead of him even though your both sick (they don't quite get it). I felt overwhelmed and had to say many prayers...(thank goodness for prayer). I know that I am sooo blessed to be a mother and wouldn't change my circumstance for anything. I have to believe that Heavenly Father knows what he's doing when he decides to send babies down two at a time to only one mother. I am thankful he chose me for this opportunity. My challenges don't even compare to what others may be facing at this time, but that is why I don't call it complaining, just.....venting. In high school I could vent to my best friends, in college my roommates, on my mission my "Liberty Jail family," in marriage my husband, but when your husband is not coherent because he's sick and going on two days of no sleep, then I get to vent to YOU....my blogging buddies. Thanks for letting me vent:)

14 comments:

Amberdawn said...

Vent away! I wish I were there to help you! It's so hard to take care of sick kids when you are sick yourself. I hope you all get better soon. You are amazing! Just venting, I'd be crying and whining and big time complaining. Your little boys are so lucky to have you for a mommy!

Brimaca said...

Oh sweet Noelie. I wish I could help too. I hope everyone gets better soon and life gets a little easier soon!

Emily said...

Hey, I am so happy to have found your blog. You are so great to have this. Venting... what a great word, we need to get things out, we need to voice what is going on in life, and yes, although there are more difficult circumstances going on in others lives, you defenitaly deserve validation for what you do! I am amazed everyday when I change a daiper and remember that for every sippy cup I fill, diaper I change, sheets I launder, you have twice that! Wow.

Emily said...

come visit my blog at http://ryanandemilyhendersonfamily.blogspot.com/

Noel Family said...

We all need to vent once in a while! :) Your pictures are so cute! I wish we could come visit, I want to go to the beach so bad! Hopefully we can sometime soon.

Nick and Stacey said...

It is always nice to see I am not the only one going crazy sometimes! I am so sorry you were sick! I hate the all nighters, Nick doesn't do well with them let alone being sick I can't even imagine! ANyways I hope things are looking up for you! Nick is so ready to be done also this has been his hardest semester to stay motivated. We will make it through I hope! Anyways good job at being so good with little twins, you must be so patient!

Emily said...

Thanks for coming to see me! It will be fun to keep on on the growings of each other's children. You boys look amazing! I would love to watch a day and a life of what goes on in your life! Have fun at the beach! How often do you go? How close are you?

Marianne and Matt said...

We live about 40 minutes from the beach, it's really close to Matt's school. We go quite a bit for how busy Matt is with school, but we are excited to go a lot more this summer when he has a break. It's a great place for your family to come visit:)

Alayna said...

So Mern, one day you need to teach me how to do the blogging thing. By the way, your boys are so adorably cute! Thanks for posting so many pics and making me feel a part of your life. I miss your guts!

Transplante de Cabelo said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Transplante de Cabelo, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://transplante-de-cabelo.blogspot.com. A hug.

Miss Amanda said...

Marianne and Matt hello! I just got an address for Alayna's blog and saw that you had one too. Your two boys are SO cute! I am glad to hear that Florida is treating you well. Check my blog out sometime too. www.amandaslade.blogspot.com
Love ya guys!
Amanda

Chambers said...

I am going throught the "got sick from Chloe" pains. Its tough to get up and just go about the mom stuff when you just want to watch Sound of Music in front of the tv.
By the way, we rented our house painted so cute already. The girl who lived here before did a great job and we just asked them to keep it the same. It's very unique and cheerful.

Tasha said...

I know just how you feel. For some reason, we all keep getting sick too. I think i have it rough with one, i better start counting my blessings. I am glad to find your blog!

Jennifer Lyn said...

Hey this is jinx! Your long lost comp. I understand how you feel! I really love being a mom, but you really need to vent sometimes about how life can be tough. I am pretty sure this is the hardest job I have ever had, but the most rewarding by far! Your boys are adorable. I can't believe how big they are.
I have entered the blogging world too. You can check us out at k-jecbelnap.blogspot.com. It was fun to catch up on what you have been doing! Good luck!