Friday, September 7, 2012

First day of Kindergarten.

Maybe, just maybe a little overkill on the pictures, but I have to remember these two little faces because they will soon change, too soon.  I know it happens fast that they grow up and I will no longer be their favorite person in the world and I am not trying to stop any growing they may do, I actually welcome it, but it is still hard.  I was the crying mom standing in their new classroom trying to quickly wipe away the tears and smile as huge as I could, I did not want my children to think I wasn't happy, and really I was.  Maybe they were tears of joy like Matt said cause now I get to take a nap when Marie does, but I have to admit there was some sadness in those tears.  Not because I couldn't handle them being away for three hours a day, because I can....I REALLY can.  I think it has to do with them loosing a little bit of their innocence once they start school.  Maybe having to deal with some mean kids or hearing some language they wouldn't hear in our home.  It has to happen I cannot shelter them forever and really since I have to send them away everyday for school there is NO other place I would rather do that then right here in Logan.
 
Matt and I left the school feeling overwhelmed with gratitude that they are in the school they are in.  That I was a substitute teacher there and know a lot of the teachers already, that Matt's sister Brenda is a teacher there and loves our kids to death and she will be just down the hall.  That we have lived in three wards in North Logan so we know many of the people we saw coming and going that day to drop of their kids.  That they are in walking distance of our home church and grandma's house and that they went already having little neighborhood friends that they have spent many days with this summer.  It felt good and right and like a huge blessing.....but it was still just a little sad.
 
 












 the boys have a lot of neighborhood friends some are older but a few started kindergarten with them. Tait, Daniel, Nathan, and Terrick.

                                                    All grown up and ready to learn






 They started out the day with a little visit from their Aunt Brenda who is a third grade teacher at the same school.
This is their new teacher Mrs. Martinez.  This is her first year teaching and she graduated from USU.  She is so cute and we even got to see her that same night at the USU game, they started school off right to have a True Aggie for their first teacher.

5 comments:

Miss Amanda said...

Marianne! I cannot believe your twins are in Kindergarten! I remember coming to your baby shower before they were born...haha! Time flies! They look excited to start their first day of school. We so need to get together and catch up!

Frank G. Noel said...

An emotional day for sure. But they will do great!
Grandma Noel

Danielle said...

They are so cute and big. Crazy! Kindergarten was tough- I cried too. I think 1st grade was even harder. :) Glad to know you feel just like I do. I still get sick about the "losing their innocence" thing. I hate to tell you, but it is true, and it breaks my heart. Last night Parker said "Mom, my hair is so freakin' crazy!" I told him I didn't like that word and I didn't want to hear him say it again. His reply was "well, all my friends at school say it" I told him I didn't want to hear it again, and he just raised his eyebrows at me. I wanted to cry. Good luck- definitely take a nap while Marie does!! :)

Susie said...

You can never post too many photos. Each one is a delight. Your boys are so cute and I love all pics of them; especially the ones where they are hugging each other. They are in a great school! What a blessing for your family to be in Logan and with many family and friends close by. They will thrive! Best wishes to you and to them during their kingergarten days. Fun times!

Brimaca said...

They are so big! I love that I can see so much personality in these pics. They are so sweet. :)