Saturday, September 1, 2012

a day at the lake.

A few things  I learned about Marie over the fourth of July weekend.  She is not afraid to go to ANYONE even complete strangers, she could eat watermelon all day long if we let her, and she LOVES, LOVES, LOVES playing in the sand and the water.
 
I am always a little anxious about our little family get togethers, thinking "oh it will be a long day for my kids, they will get little sleep, they will eat to much junk, they can't be outside in the hot sun all day long." But we always go and we never regret it and the memories made always outweigh coming home and dealing with loads of laundry, grumpy tired children, and a huge mess of a car to clean up.













I do realize I take way more pictures of Marie than I do of the boys, believe me it's not because I don't think the boys are just the cutest things ever...cause I do!! But I realized they are just not around as much. They are older and off playing with each other, friends, or cousins.  Marie is obviously the one connected to me at the hip...but believe me I don't mind.  This little girl is so much fun.  I will never forget her excitement and joy as she played in the lake and bounced on the blow up alligator.  She loved playing in the sand with her girl cousins and they love telling me all day how cute she is.  How great it is to be a part of such a wonderful family.  I feel overly blessed.

1 comment:

Susie said...

Love the photos! I say that with each post, but I sure do. Marie is the cutest ever! What a joy to see her excitement with each new thing like the bouncy alligator. Your children are so lucky to have been born to you!