Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Four 4th of July favorites.

1. Patriotism
2.Family and friends
3. Food
4. Fireworks

This year it was hard to be away from family on one of my favorite holidays. However, we had a lot of fun. There was a little parade, horse rides, a BBQ at our house with some friends and neighbors, and a fireworks show right over the river. The boys loved their patriotic outfits(thanks Grandma Noel.)
The boys were talking about the fireworks ALL week long. They sat so good for a full hour and waited for them to start. As soon as they started they buried their heads into our shoulders and said over and over "bye, bye, boom" (boom meaning fireworks.) Needless to say we had to leave the fireworks show a bit early. We will try again next year.










9 comments:

Brimaca said...

I love these posts! The painting thing is a great idea. Winters here we get to brag about all our activities outside and then the summer comes and we're all locked indoors too. Oh well! You look great and of course the boys are completely adorable. I love the cuddle pics.

Wendy Noel said...

You were all missed on the 4th. We love you and can't wait until you are back with us. Only 1 more school year! Yeah!!!! It looks like you had a great time anyways and that your summmer is alot of fun. I loved the summers with Steve. Now that he is working, he doesn't get a summer break so enjoy all the time with Matt.

Amy Piller said...

I was in Liberty on the 4th and was thinking about you and your family the entire time. I kept talking about the times we spent at your cabin and at the Liberty park 4th celebration. I think my in-laws were a bit sick of hearing about it but I loved it, just wish you could have been up there too.

jessi said...

How fun! Your family is so cute. You are looking really good!

Amberdawn said...

Those flag glasses are the best!!!!!

Nick said...

I also dig the flag glasses. Still waiting on the cornrow pics Matt.

Alayna said...

I don't know what to say except that it makes my heart sing that you posted so many things in one day! I have missed your updates! LOVE ALL THE POSTS! Your kids are the cutest and those glasses from Grandma Noel are indescribable! I wonder if I can find some in my size...?

Amberdawn said...

Don't forget you won the contest! You've got to pick something! If you have something in mind other than the fabrics posted I can do whatever you want! :)

Susie said...

Love, love, love your photos. There'snothing like patriotic attire and the boys are adorable! So are you! You're the cutest ever!