Sunday, February 22, 2009

New tradition


Matt had a great idea of making a new tradition that Sunday nights he would make a dessert with the boys. Tonight was peach cobbler. I don't think he realized how NOT easy it is to cook with both the babies at the same time. A lot of what I heard was Matt saying things like....."don't eat all the cake mix, please don't stick your finger in that, your ruining the sugar(I still don't know what that one meant), don't throw that on the floor, please don't eat all that sugar that's disgusting, Well at least we are making memories!"
When it was all said and done, every dish was used and there was more dessert on the floor than in the pan. Matt's last words were....."next Sunday we are having bananas for dessert!
I wonder if this will still be a tradition next Sunday?

13 comments:

Brimaca said...

LOL. Hope it made him appreciate you even more! :)

Brimaca said...

I have some more healthy treats and recipe and questions coming up so don't stay away from blogging too much!

Nicole said...

bwa ha ha ha ha! Dave's not even brave enough to attempt that with one kid ;)

Wendy Noel said...

Nice, i'm sure the desserts will get a lot easier. Very cute dad though!

Amberdawn said...

How fun for the boys! Dad time is the best. Dads might not think it's so great, but the kids sure do!

Nick and Stacey said...

You guys are so funny that really made me laugh! Isn't it true about dads cooking with the kids! Allthough I think it is a great idea!

Amy Piller said...

Love it! We miss you guys all we talked about when in St. George was you guys and your boys!

tiare said...

so cute. i think it's awesome he took the intiative to start a great tradition....hope my hubby will do the same thing!

Nick said...

You guys kill me. Matt, as playoff season grows near I feel a piece of me is missing. Ryan Thompson invited me to the Jazz Celtics game the other day. It was awesome. Have you jumped on the Magic band wagon yet?

Tasha said...

Isn't it great when dad's get a little glimmer of how difficult the day to day tasks can be! You are amazing, I still don't know how you managed twins!!

Mrs. JM said...

oh boy(s)! what a neat idea. i just hope the tradition doesn't call for you to clean up afterward .. dads deal only, right?!

Astorga Crew said...

Yes, he does get props for the attempt. What a fun dad!

Melanie Chambers said...

Ahh that is so sweet.